or Connect

Posts by jildez

i'm guessing the previous poster is using 3 1/2 to 4 c of all purpose flour for that amount of liquid. You could probably use up to 1/2 ww flour. I make all our bread, and i use it for 1-2 times a week (usually do a large batch in the mixer 1x/wk) but usually don't bake in it- i don't like its crust too much, but it makes kneading a rising a cinch. I like to do my pizza/calzone/breadstick dough in it 11 oz water 2 TB olive oil 2 scant tsp salt 4 cup flour- i will tend...
i hate to say it, but its been good to see that i am not the only one stuggling with loneliness. I hope everyone is doing well. My in-laws are coming Sat evening, and leaving Monday morning (Sun is my husband's 40th b-day), and we are going to take a little trip tomorrow (his one day off this week- he will be working when his parents are here) to Des Moines, pick up some diapers from a WAHM and eat out at a veg restaurant and maybe go to the science museum. I am looking...
first hugs and hugs and hugs. i have no first hand experience with any of this, but i do want to encourage you to make an appointment with a lactation consultatant who is an ILCBC who has experience with nursing multiples. My sister nursed her triplets for 7 months, so i know it is possible. I don't know where you are, but use this link to find nearby certified lactation consultants. if you look, they list their areas of specialty and someone will hopefully be exp...
I voted 2, since i can function well in 2, however, i can get arround in two others, with enough in one of those (Spanish) that i feel comfortable.English is my home language, I am 'technically fluent' in Kyrgyz, which i learned as a Peace Corps volunteer. I also have spoken enough Turkish badly to get around- but would not consider counting it.
i was one of those who 'wore my baby all the time'. From the time he was born until he was 6 months old and could crawl, he wanted interaction constantly- actually that hasn't changed, but now at 13 months he likes to walk around and just touch base. He actually brought the sling to me a couple of days ago and we did it for a while, although now i mostly carry him in a mei tai when we are out nowadays. I found that the wrap took some getting used to for both of us-...
hey, sweetie, i am in a very similar situation to you. I also checked out the tribes, and the closest person i have seen post was 1 1/2 hours away. most of the event are several hours away. my husband and i have been married for 11 years, we have moved several times, even lived overseas. We moved to a very rural small town, which we actually live 4 miles outside of 8 months ago with our son who is 13 months old now. The town has 1300 people including rural residents...
i really hope your friend has better advice then me! i feel like a novice, so i'm not sure how helpful i am. I was thinking about what else i could tell you as i ran around after my son today, and i realized we rarely nurse in the cradle hold anymore. For us, he often sits beside me or on one leg and faces me and nurses, does that make sense? kind of like a grown up football hold? Sometimes i shove a sofa pillow behind his head an he leans back or i set one next to me...
i'm not quite TF, but i like to read and think and use some of the ideas. here is a family blog by the husband: http://www.culturedhome.com/
It did, he really liked the novelty of it, actually i try not to do too much of it now, i would like to get him to get hind milk too, but it made me feel better for a while. Be ready to pop him off if he tugs at you, but my son figured it out quickly. I also taught him the sign for milk about this time (one of three i have introduced) and i would ask and offer milk before food and drink, then after a little nursing, would give a snack. I am blessed, my mom and step mom...
i seem to remeber my son seeming like he was going to cut back on nursing around 9 months, he started climbing and assisted walking and was just too busy to devote the time. Is this kind of what is going on? How much solid food is he eating? perhaps if you offer fewer snacks and drinks he will be more interested. As for the position and pacifier, i don't have much to offer. I did the laying down thing for a while because he was yanking me everywhere, but later,...