or Connect

Posts by jildez

hi, another mostly lurker here. My husband and i get $20 a month each. We have a budget w/ ab 12 categories, we do the envelopes of cash for things like gas, healthcare (co-pays, meds). tithe, groceries and fun, and pay our bills out of the first of two monthly checks and deposit the second into savings. As for our fun$$ for each of us- our son is just 1, so we don't give him cash yet- my husband actually gets $5 cash and plays WOW several eves a week after our son...
i had an issue and started calling the lactation consultants i found on the website, and was getting ready to pay the fee, two called me back within 20 minutes (one left a message while i was talking to the other), and both were willing to do phone consultations for free, and the one i didn't deal with had a sliding scale for in home visits. the one i did talk to, fixed my problem and told me she did all her appointments for free, now this is iowa, but please please call,...
My thoughts and prayers are going out for you and your family. I pray for Josiah's eternal peace. I know you will never forget, may you find comfort when you remember.
i had a ton of milk at the beginning, but was not a great pumper, now i almost never do it, but when i was in school, i found pumping while he fed, and saving a side at night- doing all the feedings on one side and then pumping on the other in the early morn, helped me get enough for him when i was gone. I hope that helps! Also, being dedicated and pumping regularly at the same time will help your body get ready for it- it took me a maybe 3 to 5 days to reliably get 2 to 3...
we use hm detergent too- a different recipe and we don't ever use ivory because of buildup issues over time. My husband actually makes the detergent for the staff to use at the resort (its part of a land conservancy)were he is the manager and originally they were using all the leftover ivory soap, but towels started to get manky and it turned out to be the ivory that was doing it, he uses fels naptha at work and our everyday soap and we use kirks for our diaper wash,...
Hiya! I lived in Morgantown until December and still have lots pf friends there. We had our son at Ruby (my husband and I were grad students and grad assts, so it was pretty much our only choice financially) The midwifes there, with the Center for excellence in women's health, were WONDERFUL. And a good friend of my just had son with them and had an emergency c after a placental abruption- and both of us had great experiences with the pro- breastfeeding staff there....
no advice, but we are starting to go through this too with our 11 mth old. We have tried putting him down later, but haven't figured it out yet.
my spn did this about a week before he started moving. I got him to eat at might- he nursed almost all night those nights, and once he figured out how to move forward, it calmed down and he is still nursing at 11 months. Keep trying, i think they read when we get frantic, so just relax and remember she won't starve, and pump if you need to for comfort.
Sorry, my bad, they call it a Resources Sticky, i think of it as the problems sticky, b/c i look at it when i have a problem. Here's the link http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1128738 its the last list on the page- 'thrush' As for natural remedies- Grapefruit Seed Extract is often recommended, although I personally love Dr. Newman's All Purpose Nipple Ointment- it saved our nursing relationship, its def not natural though. I did however, find that vinegar...
This sounds like yeast. Check out the links in the problems sticky and see if it sounds like it to you- you can choose natural remedies or prescriptions, but definitely treat yourself and you dear one. good luck!