or Connect

Posts by jildez

Yeah, i was just thinking of getting 3- enough to easily have one for every night- i did find the 7.50 ones, but i 'think' of them as 8 because i know there will be shipping, etc. My biggest concern now is how will i get them to stay- if they don't work with a snappi- i guess i could add a microsuede or fleece strip to them- but i am super busy until august andi know i won't get to it until then. is it a better idea to get a few hemp doublers ( i saw one that was hemp...
Kara, first hugs and love. We are thinking of you and hoping you find a good solution for you and your dear one. It looks like her birthday is this coming week. Congratulations for your year of mothering! I hope you can get together one on one with some of the previous posters who are offering to spend time with you and make an appointment. Keep us updated and keep sharing. We care.
It sounds like you have gotten lots of great advice, but since it sounds like your pain had subsided and reappeared, i would encourage you to see if you have signs of a yeast infection- is your nipple red, raised ( esp the spots around your areola) or shiny? Is the pain a sharp shooting pain? do you have pain when you are not nursing? I hope none of this is the case, but yeast can be easily missed and when you have a forceful letdown, it can cause some damage as your dear...
Hum... this make it sound like the hemparoo wont serve for what i am thinking. is there a hemp diaper that is not super expensive that i can use prefold style? I am starting to think maybe i need to look at the hemp flats and learn to fold and snappi a flat- my son already runs when i start changes, so i would prefer to stick with prefolds, and really, i feel like even $8 each is a little high, but for just a few, it felt doable, should i consider something else?
So in my naiveté, i thought it would be easy to buy a few hemp diapers to augment my prefolds for nights and traveling. Well, i was wrong- they are just as varied and confusing as pockets, and covers. Sooo, i see there are the hemp prefolds- the ones i saw were babykicks hemparoo, then i see what are called prefolds, but look like they don't have a 'fortified' center like i think a prefold having- the little/big weeds hemps, and although i couldn't find a pic, it looks...
i haven't tried it, butive heard grapefruit seed oil can get rid of mold- you could try a few drops in the wash??? it might get rid of the mold if not the stains.
As a former Kindergarten teacher myself and one who loves the profession passionately, i understand the conundrum. I know here that part time work would be almost unheard of, and even a teaching position nearby is hard to find. Perhaps there is some way you can get a read on how possible it is that this position will still be available. I know my old principal would do what she could to get and keep excellent teachers, and might have made things work if she felt the person...
i totally don't know what i would do in your shoes (my son is 10 mths and still addicted to the breast) but if you want a less pasteurized milk, buy the raw and do it yourself by heating raw milk to 161 degrees for fifteen secs. just make sure you are stirring the milk while you cook it (if you can use a double boiler- then it doesn't stick and is easier to clean, but if you don't just soak the pot. When its done, just cool it down fast and stick it in the fridge. (and the...
Wow, first, you are a wonderfully loving and caring mom, who is doing so much for both your children. I really don't have any advice beyond what the others have offered, but i do know what kept me going was this: it is a season, and it will pass. And it did, and it will. your daughter, you new son and you will all be stronger and better for each day you move forward.
I actually give a 'fake name' when i order things too, but i;s because my name is so unusual and hard to spell and no one ever gets it. My husband too, and our last name, athough ages easier then my maiden name still trips people up. That said, we just moved to a town of about a thousand people and in the local diner, we don't even have to give our names, they already knew who we were the first time we showed up and apparently told others what our 'favorite' dishes...