or Connect

Posts by jildez

subbing
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom what are you getting you degree in? Curriculum and Instruction- i focus on educating teachers to be effective in cross cultural settings. But, I still have a 18 hours of course work to do before ieven get to the dissertation phase, so i don't know if i am going to transfer to Iowa State or just take the rest my coursework there and pay to have it accepted at West Virginia, were I was. I need to get up to...
i agree, no reason to lie. I just say that i have decided to vaccinate in my pediatrician's office and leave it at that, no records, no further concern. if they want more info, say you don't want the big combo shots- that's what htey vax with.
Quote: Originally Posted by heavensearth elanorh, sounds lovely!!! We're doing some guerrilla gardening too this year and planting poppies and calendula in the naturalized are (part of a park) right by our house. Also planning on planting some hops to grow up around some trellis/neighbor blocking screens teeeheee My little seedlings are not doing well this year I don't think they like the cold in the basement so we're going to go back to using...
I actually can't buy soymilk, tofu or even chickpeas in the one grocery store in my town and in the 'big town' they cost much more then mainstream equivalents. Additionally, WIC makes you sign an agreement that you won't sell what you get, and i don't feel comfortable breaking it, i would trade if i could but i have no one to trade with. As for getting a medical exemption, i have asked when my son was young he had BAD reactions when i accidentally ate some dairy- they...
hum, i thought i replied, but it seems to have been lost in the interwebs... Heather, thanks for the link, i am looking through it now, and it looks very interesting, i am going to give it a try. I haven't found a meal planner or a cost calculator yet, but i'll keep exploring. I have joined a natural buying club here so i can buy things in bulk, and perhaps that can help. Also i really liked what you said about how i want my son to learn to eat and compromising...
Hi everyone! it's great to meet you all. I'm a almost SAHM (i'm doing a little research for my doc, but i am a long way from done) who lives near Coon Rapids, a little town about and hour north west of DSM. I am also new to the area, i moved here from WV in January with my husband of 10 years and our (hopefully) 1st son who is now 9 months old. It was a hard winter but now that spring is here, i am falling in love with Iowa. I am starting my first full fledged...
Quote: Originally Posted by Grace and Granola First off, I am not a vegetarian, but I completely understand where you're coming from. We got onto WIC when my littlest needed the very expensive hypo-allergenic formula. And it was just a bonus that we got all the other stuff too, I thought. I wanted to comment because, now we've been on WIC a couple of years and it's really hard to get off once you've become used to that part of your budget being taken...
Kayla, I love to cook and do mostly base my meals around beans, i make my own veggie burgers, i was making my own seitan as a meat analog, but now that i'm out of gluten flour and i've priced buying more here, i am stopping that. i am fine with not buying meat analogs, in fact i don't even by tofu much because of its cost here. however, maybe you don't understand how WIC works- when you are enrolled the government gives you coupons for free foods, but it is very...
This is probably not quite what you think... I am a life ling vegetarian, and my husband is what i call an 'opportunistic meat eater', we long ago decided to raise our children like i was, as a vegetarian but allowing them to make their own choices to try or not try things when they were out and about. So here is my delimma- I have been a vegan for about 7 years, which a few years back to vegetarian when i was in the peace corps, and for me it is just more natural to...