or Connect

Posts by jildez

hum, how do i know if i have hard or soft water? I just moved and have well water for the first time, i've been decreasing my detergent from 1/2 the recommended b/c it was so sudsy, but maybe its too soft or too hard? I would love to hear your opinions!
i notice you are in the midwest, and since i am (newly) there too, i am learning that people here aren't as comfortable with the public thing. I have to admit, i tell people I'm going to breastfeed now, and let them decide whether they want to stick around (at my hubby's job, church gatherings, etc). the biggest prob i have is my son is almost 8 mths now and in public doesn't pay attention and my boob gets COLD! my husband was a little uncomfortable with the nursing...
Kathy, I have been following your threads and i too want to support your choices. As someone who was raised vegetarian in the early 70s, and now lives in the heart of beef cattle raising country, i know that the lifestyle can be 'weird' to people. I believe very strongly in my choice, but i have found that not getting into it with people (like your friends) who don't understand is often better for me, so it sounds like you are making good decisions already. As for...
My son is a little younger then yours and our family setup is similar, I;m vegan, my son is being raised veggie and my husband is a "opportunistic meat eater". I do love to cook, but with my son and everything else i need to do, i can't do a lot of cooking like i used to do. As far as meal planning, i do tend to keep try to keep it short and try to break it up throughout the day. Babywearing, esp when he is asleep really helps too. I generally change it up every month,...
vegan princess, thanks for the idea, i ended up coming down with a vicious cold. So i just ended up reheating the rice, and throwing some tofu i had marinating into the oven with the sprouts, my dearest made some gravy using a little of the marinade and some nooch when he got home, a surpisingly good meal. Tonight was "mexican stuff"- refried beans and some guacamole, rice, salsa, lettuce and some grape tomatoes all lined up on the counter, hopefully the babe and i will be...
you can do it! i know how tiring the pumping can be! At times i felt like the time i should be spending with my dear one was filled with pumping. Relax, the milk will be there, if you had enough before, you can get your production back up! Is it possible/ worth it to you to try to get your dear one's schedule to be more oriented to eating at night, when you are home? Perhaps you are already doing this, but if not, think about co-sleeping and letting her snuggle with...
i'm don't lie, but i don't make a big deal out of what we do- i tell people who ask that he doesn't sleep through the night. If they ask, i tell them his crib is in our room, or even that its side-carred, but i rarely tell people we co-sleep. It seems like its easier to let them imagine what they want, if they are like minded, they usually ask me more pointed questions. With my old ped, i told her my son woke several times to eat and at the time i was a student and it was...
huh! I was wondering about this myself just a few days ago. Basically evenings with my seven mth old son look the same as what you all said. I have to admit, we usually take him up to our bedroom around 8 and try to start "winding him down" and hope for sleep between 830 and 9,but last night, he slept for about an hour and then was up for 2 more . The weirdest thing- it seems like when he sleeps MORE during the day he goes down more easily and closer to when we would...
well that helps me- i can definitely "test" what i have and see if any of it will make a good next to skin layer or if its better for other re-purposing. thanks!!!!
first, Hi! i'm new here, but i want to join in! Last night we had crisped seitan and mushrooms over pasta with lemon and herbs, and a faux ceasar salad. Tonight was fresh baked potato and bran rolls with walnut, sunflower and carrot burgers with kale chips. I have to decide how to use up the leftover brown rice and the brussel sprouts for tomorrow- i want to roast the sprouts but i need inspiration for the rice... ideas are very welcome. I love reading about what...