or Connect

Posts by ariannasmama

Thank you so much for your response!! I had been contacting my doctor about her eating issue over the past few months and was always kind of brushed off and told that being picky is normal toddler behavior but after reading your response today, I called again and requested an appointment.  They were able to take us in right away and since she is growing normally and seems otherwise healthy they believe her refusal to eat other foods may be behavioral and recommend that...
Let me add that she didn't EVER cry as a baby... is this just her playing catch up?!  
My little princess has always been a great baby/toddler, but highly sensitive and emotional.  In the past few months, she's been crying at just about everything.  She cries if you say hello to cheerfully when she wakes up, she cries when she sees her grandparents and cousins, she cries if someone gets too close, she cries if you give her what she wants and if you don't.  She always wants me and will say "I just want to hug you".  I, of course, always give her hugs and...
Thank you all so much!! I feel so much better!! 
My DD has always been a really happy, easy going baby. She rarely cried as an infant and has always been responded to in a positive and caring way. She was worn often, coslept until about 20 months when she decided she wanted to move into her "big girl bed" (although she is still welcome in our bed on nights she needs it), and was nursed until about 16/17 months, when again, she weaned herself. Now that she's two, however, she's begun crying a lot. She gets distraught...
WOW!! Thanks!! I'll be checking all of those out!!
Thank you both so much!! I will take any information I can get. I have read Dr. Sears book and just ordered another, Make and Informed Decision by Mayer Eisenstein. I also have How to Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor. I just feel like there is still so much I need to learn!! I will definitely get Vaccination, A Thoughtful Parent's Guide from the library as well. I was in the same boat and thought I was making informed decisions until my daughter had a...
So, my daughter has been on the Dr. Sear's alternative vaccination schedule, along with tweeks from me (we have refused a few vaccines, such as the MMR since it's no longer seperated and flu shots). She'll be 2 in 2 weeks and I am expecting my second baby in February. I have been doing more and more research about vaccines, especially after my daughter had an awful reaction to the 4th dose of the DTAP and am considering not continuing with her vaccinations and not...
So cute!! Thanks for the giggle!! I needed it today!!!
We waited almost 6 months. It's hard being a new mommy and although he didn't want to admit it, he was nervous from witnessing the birth and b/c he didn't want to pressure or hurt me. Once we got past it and made it a priority, we got back into the swing of things ok. Don't get me wrong, we are nothing like we were in our newlywed days, but we still remember to take time to connect, which is important! Good luck!!