or Connect

Posts by MixerMama

My daughter went to her fist day of preschool today. I didnt; realize we were supposed to send her with a snack (oops). i haven't had a lot of luck finding the right combo of items to form a  good package for her. I love the choices at Reuseit.com.  I also had never even thought about a glass straw. Brilliant!
Quote: Originally Posted by MissinNYC The difference, of course, is that Jane X using formula in no ways prevents you from breastfeeding your child. I mean, of course, it may have larger social implications, but it does not directly effect you. Jane X choosing to adopt a healthy domestic infant if she is perfectly fertile and has no counterindications to pregnancy (ie, medications, severe PPD, hyperemesis, etc) does effect your ability to...
This discussion has proven what I suspected to be true. It is an extremely sensitive issue that we can intellectually believe one thing about, and yet our emotions won’t be swayed. It is very difficult to not personalize what we perceive to be cosmic unfairness. As a (hopefully) less volatile comparison, I was unable to exclusively breastfeed my toddler, and am having even more difficulty with my infant. There are times when the seeming injustice of it all leads me to...
Thanks everyone; this has been really helpful. I only have one friends who is pursuing adoption, and because she is unable to have kids, and I have two, it's been a little tense. For those of you who have biological children as well as adopted, is it an 'issue' when you talk with other adoptive parents?
Quote: Originally Posted by Polliwog Do people think you put sunscreen on one child and not the other? That's what I get every summer. My daughter's birth mother is white and her birth father is Hispanic. I've determined that people's response to my children has nothing to do with reality. I've been asked if they are twins?! They are 18 months apart! I can see a bit of "color-blindness" but a year an a half age difference! I've also been asked...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane Things like birth order, artificial twinning, etc...my tendancy was to say that i could make those things work. what is artificial twinning, and what advice about birth order?
Quote: Originally Posted by Leatherette And if your family will look obviously "mismatched", be ready to deal with intrusive questions, but also positive attention. I have met great people I never might have met otherwise because our family stands out. I get that already. My older daughter looks hispanic and my younger daughter looks white!
Wow, reading this post was like reading my own situation. I wish that I had found this forum while I was nursing my first. I had supply issues with my first despite doing everything “right.” When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. I truely believe that I could be a CLC. With my second, I did everything even more right and had all confidence that it was going to work this time and that I was going to exclusively breastfeed. But it was not to be. I struggled...
I have used Vermont Organics to supplement both of my daughters. I mail order it by the case. I tried Baby's Only because I am not crazy about the DHA/RHA source in Vermont Organics and Earth's Best, but my older daughter didn't like it so I've stuck with Vermont Organic this time around.
If you could give one (or more) piece of advice to someone who is considering adoption, what would it be? My husband and I are a mixed race couple with two children under two years old. We have always knows that we wanted to adopt. We are thinking that a state adoption of a child or sibling group under five would be the best match in a couple of years when our girls are a bit older. We want to be as informed as possible going into this process, so we are trying to do...