or Connect

Posts by AngelKissedKids

I've been reading along faithfully since page 1 and feel like I should at least say hi.  I'm still undecided about having another baby although I very much want to.  I just had my 3rd baby in November and tried rather unsuccessfully to talk myself into this pregnancy/baby being our last.  My DH and I both feel a sense of satisfaction with our family - no desperate need to have more - but we'd both be happy to have more kids if we can manage it...
That's great you're feeling a bit better about it all.  I do think it must be natural to feel sad about ending this chapter in our lives and perhaps some women feel it more acutely than others.  My DH and I are still flip flopping daily about whether or not we're done - we certainly feel like our hands are full with 3 now - but on the days I really feel we should be done, I'm deeply sad at that thought.  But sadness alone is not a reason to have another child, that's for...
OP, how are you feeling now?  Did your DH get snipped?  Do you feel at peace with the decision and have some closure, or are you still grieving?  I can really relate to your sense of loss and mourning and I'm still struggling with it.
My kids (5 and 2.5) love Caillou too, and I like that it's reality-like.  Recently we've been borrowing Stella and Sam DVDs from the library (they are not full length movies but just a set of episodes, from the TV series which is based on the original books).  It is also reality-like although no adults are depicted and Stella has a rich imagination so what she teaches her little brother Sam isn't usually accurate.  The kids and I both enjoy watching it together.
You're Getting a Baby Sister! by Sheila Sweeny Higginson has a page dedicated to breastfeeding.
Have you increased solids and other liquids since your milk supply has dropped?  That might help a bit.  I'm 10 weeks along and my just-turned-2 year old is also nursing a bit more during the day but I believe it's because I night-weaned her a week ago.  The night-weaning went really well (thankfully because I couldn't handle the aversion I was having a night) but I think she is making up for it during the day.  We just recently introduced an "almost done" warning...
Well, I'm finally feeling confident enough to be moved to the success category :-)  I had a beta of 2858 last Friday so I'm definitely pregnant; all day nausea and it's extremely painful to nurse now.  Thankfully DD is about turn 2 and seems to be accepting me postponing nursing a lot more often.  She's also sleeping better through the night (maybe it's b/c there is less milk already?); she even had a dry diaper 2 nights in a row.   Success Story February DD...
Larksi, so sorry to hear about your early loss.  Like Dahlia, I got my BFP the very next cycle.  Fx you do too.   Liv, my heart goes out to you.  Losing a baby at 24 weeks must have been devastating for you.  I lost my niece to full-term stillbirth and she is missed greatly.   AFM, I'm still lurking, hoping to celebrate more BFPs with all of you :-)  My beta last Friday was 2858 so I'm definitely pregnant and the all day nausea and extremely painful nursing has...
Published in 2011, there is more info than you'll ever want to know about thyroid health and pregnancy and postpartum:   http://thyroidguidelines.net/pregnancy   Most people need to increase their hypothyroidism medication in the first trimester since the baby is totally dependent on your thyroid during that time.   Best wishes.
Hi everyone, I'm still hanging around despite a BFP last week.  My betas are low but doubling really well (latest was only 100) so I'm not yet ready to declare myself a success, especially after last month's chemical loss.  I'm sure I'll feel more confident once my #s rise or I see that tiny flickering heartbeat on an early u/s.  My nursling turns 2 later this month and is still avidly BFing.  Wishing everyone lots and lots of baby dust!!!