or Connect

Posts by nervousmommy

I feel like my son only eats pasta, peanut butter, bread, yogurt, cheese and a ton of fruit! No meat, no eggs, no beans. He'll eat some broccolli and carrots, but the veggies are taking a hit. I buy bagels that are sprouted wheat so he'll get some iron. He still breastfeeds a lot. I would say in a 24 hr period 6-8 times, including during the night. Some are long sessions. I worry that he will never eat a variety of food. He's 40 inches tall and 34.5lbs, so I'm not worried...
Hi, my son is 2 1/2 and I sort of fell into child led weaning. We plan on trying for another baby in the next 2-3 months and I'm wondering if he'll ever really wean on his own. I'm torn both ways. Sometimes I wish he was done and other times I can see how much he needs it and I worry that getting pregnant will speed his weaning process. I just wish I had confidence that he really will wean on his own and I wish I had a crystal ball that said it would happen before I became...
Not sure if this is the right forum...so please move if that is the case.  Thanks.   I did not do EC with my son.  I learned about it pretty late.  I've always communicated with him about what his body is doing and reassuring him that everybody's body does those things.  My son is almost 23 months old.  He's had periods of wanting to pee on the potty ( his little Baby Bjorn), he has spontaneously pooped on the potty once when he was naked running around the house. ...
I would love to hear more about what your grandpa remembers from his time nursing or what his brothers and sisters remember. On another forum, someone talks about nursing until they were 8.5 and that it was secretive, although the person sounds like they had good memories and all, not neccesarily secretive in a negative way. I grew up in a family where there were things that were secretive and it very much felt like a burden to me. I don't ever want my son to...
Hi, I'm posting for my friend. Her son has 2 teeth (the top ones on either side of the center 2) that are crumbling. Dentist wants to put him under and puts crowns on! Her son mostly breastfeeds and is a very picky eater. I would say gets about 80% of calories from breastmilk. She uses Xylitol as much as she can. Now that her son allows her to brush his teeth, they seem to be crumbling more. Both of those teeth came in with deformities in the enamel. What are the...
I think at this point it's called Potty Learning. Not sure if this is the right forum...please move if this is not the right place. I'm in a mommy group where some are doing EC others are cloth diapering and I'm the only one who used disposables. We got a potty at 16 months and my DS liked peeing in the potty. I would take his diaper off whenever I went and asked him if he wanted to sit down and go pee pee too. Didn't bother with poops although we always talked...
Quote: She nurses a lot more than dd1 did at this age. When did you dd1 wean? When did dd1 sleep through the night without nursing?
Quote: You are not going to be nursing a 19mo for the next 3 years! Children generally get less demanding as they mature, and their nursing needs also become less demanding at the same time. By 19mo, it's quite reasonable to start setting some limits on nursing instead of continuing to nurse on demand. You can even nightwean and still continue nursing for several years. One gentle way to transition him to his own bed is to start him off in his own bed...
At this point, DS is 19months and we nurse on demand. Ever once in a while I might delay (getting into car and nedding to get somewhere...cooking breakfast and need to finish otherwise it would be ruined), but 95% we nurse on demand. I never thought I would nurse this long and now I'm thinking we'll CLW....but the nights are killing me!!! He flips and flops all night long and nurses a lot. I haven't slept more than 3 hours at a time for the last 19 months and that's on...
Why??? He doesn't seem gassy. Some nights he isn't so bad and other nights he's all over the place. My mom said I was like this, but I can't ask her more as my mom passed 15yrs ago. DS is 19 months old and we co-sleep and he is still breastfeeding and night-nursing. I don't mind the waking as much as the contant flopping!