or Connect

Posts by gurl8203

Congrats! He is beautiful!
I'm not waiting anymore! My son Benjamin finally came early this morning. I posted an announcement and pic on the main board.
My son Benjamin was born at home last night at 1:32am after an uneventful 3 hour labor. He's  8lbs 3oz, 19in. He came with his hand by his neck and also the cord around his neck 3 times, but it wasn't too tight so he didn't have any problems from it. I pushed for only about 10 minutes and didn't have any tearing. I am sooo glad he's finally here! According to my EDD I was 42+6, but when my midwives assessed his development they found he is closer to 41weeks. He is...
Well, I'm 42+5 today and still waiting. I started to have a lot of clear watery/mucousy discharge yesterday morning. It doesn't seem like enough to be leaking amniotic fluid, so I think it just must be mucous. Its enough that I had to start wearing pads though. No regular contractions yet or anything. I'm thinking of holding off on the castor oil since it seems like at least something is happening. In 2 of my previous pregnancies I had a huge gush of mucous and then was...
I'm seriously thinking castor oil Saturday morning if no baby by then! I heard from an l&d nurse friend that if you cook it in scrambled eggs it helps you to not get so sick from it.  
Stretching and hot showers have been helping me a lot with this!
Fenugreek does wonders for milk supply! When I am trying to increase my milk I take 2-3 caps 3x per day. You know you are getting enough when your sweat and pee smell strongly like maple syrup. It usually only takes 3 ish days at this dosage to get me making plenty of milk. Make sure you are eating and drinking a LOT. Also, the quality of your diet will affect the quality of your milk. If your diet is low in fat your milk will be low in fat. Maybe you need to try...
Zeeohee - Glad to hear everything is going well for you and your baby! I can totally relate to that feeling of just wanting to finally meet your baby. I sometimes get the feeling like I "miss" my baby, even though I haven't even met him yet. Kinda weird.   I am 42+1 today. Saw my midwife yesterday and it looks like I am finally getting closer though. My fundal height dropped 5cm in the past week and I'm 75% effaced now. (Only 1cm dilated, but I don't tend to dilate...
SunnyMuffin I feel for you! I was living with my ILs for most of this pregnancy and wasn't sure if we'd be able to get our own place before the baby was born. Thankfully we were, but I totally understand how you are feeling. I was freaking out, we didn't even have a private bedroom to use, so I honestly considered a hotel too. Have you talked to your midwife about that option? I've known midwives in the past who used extended stay hotels for clients who were out of their...
Uhg, I am soo upset right now! Yesterday I had a really convincing round of early labor. Had great contractions all day. I checked my cervix and it had moved much lower and more anterior. I was super tired in the evening and hoped I'd be able to sleep a couple hours before hitting active labor, but active labor never came. I thought for sure it would start up again today, but it hasn't. Worst of all, I checked my cervix again tonight and it is once again super high and...