or Connect

Posts by colsxjack

My DD loves Team Uni Goomi. It is a cartoon where three little characters try to solve problems using math. She loves it. We watch it on Netflix or treehouse tv.
My 11 yr old brother-in-laws have dreads.  They have had them for a few years now. It looks great on them, and is actually very little maintenence for them and their parents once they mature a bit.  It looks very cute on them. 
I live in Canada, and here we do not have a universal lunch program.  Children either bring a lunch or buy one from the cafeteria. There are no "lunch programs". In the city that I live in, there are breakfast programs, snack programs and "mid morning meal" programs. Some schools do all and some do a mix and some do none. It is up to the school.  The school my kid goes to does a breakfast program and mid morning meal. The mid morning meal is a protein, a grain and a...
I agree SweetSilver. We have a high needs child too. And even at 4yrs old she cannot spend 30sec alone.  However, I personally do think it is good for children and adults to get a break from each other. It helps us to recharge. A high needs child may not agree that it is good for them, but I would still think it is. The same as my HN child doesn't agree with other things I do that is good for her, like limiting screen time and sweets or getting her to brush her...
Skating party at an indoor rink. Bowling party.   I would also skip the healthy cake. Especially if you are not doing healthy cake for the others in the family.   For "loot bags" we bought a small book for all the guests of my DD's parties. A great loot bag that our DD recently received had a few stickers and a "dog tag" with her name on it. That was awesome because she doesn't have a common name, and so never gets to have pencils or bags or anything with her name on...
My DD is only 4, so she hasnt been home alone yet. As a kid, I was home alone from age 6 on. My sister was 8 and brother 9 at the time. We woke up to our parents already at work. Made our own breakfast, made our own lunches for school, got ourselves to school and home again. After school we were alone for a couple of hours. We were allowed to cook. Eggs, grilled cheese, etc. We were allowed to use the phone. We were allowed to go out to friends homes. The one rule I...
I do not think it's selfish. Mama needs to be recharged and happy in order to help to run a happy household! If you are worried about being selfish, you can instill an 8:30 to bed and 9:00 to lights out. That gives her a half hour of reading time and still allows you your down time.   But I wouldn't feel guilty about it. You homeschool and are there for your kids all day. She gets enough Mummy time.
We are a family of two adults, 1 4yr old and two toddlers. We spend about 800-900 per month. That includes toiletries, laundry soap, pull-ups, coffee, etc. We buy meat in bulk from pasterured organic beef and chicken. But then buy some fish etc from grocery store. We eat a lot of organic dairy. Some organic veg and some conventioanl veg. We cook a lot from scratch but also buy some processed foods. We do a frozen pizza now and again...but recently turned into once per...
Hello Everyone. I am the father of twin 13 month old boys and a 4.5yr old DD. I work FT out of the home Mon-Fri and my partner works FT out of the home on 12 hour night shifts. The children are with a good friend 1.5 days per week and me and my wife the other days. It is a difficult rotating schedule, but we make it work and still find sufficient family time.   Our DD is in junior kindergarten full days Mon-Fri 8:45am to 3:20pm. And she is thriving.   It will be fun...
We have twin 13 month old boys. They are walking all over the place. For footwear inside and in the stroller they are wearing Padraig Slippers. These are warm wool slippers with soft leather soles. It keeps their feet toasty warm. We purchased them Stonz boots with liners for the snow and cold. We did so because they are warm, soft soled, flexable and easy to get on and off. And our sons hate to get shoes/boots on and curl their toes, so regular winter boots weren't...