or Connect

Posts by arianascrunchymama

I am finishing up a paper I'm writing linking Circumcision and Freud's repition compulsion theory (back in school to become an IBCLC! ), but need some more facts as opposed to psychoanalysis. I've been googling and pouring through the medical journal search engines I have access to with no avail. I want to include the rate of re-circs whether it's in infancy or adulthood. Control groups, actual stats and the year(s) they were from, or just plain old links would be SO SO...
I'm not from this board but am a sucker for amazing UP/UC stories- your included! I cannot imagine getting harassed for following your heart and gut by bringing your newest editions into the world so peacefully and AS INTENDED!!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing- I now have my daily dose of inspiration.
congrats! I love born-in-the-caul stories!!! enjoy your babymoon with your perfect new baby girl!!!
a slightly higher risk of an infection is no reason to cut off a healthy important part of a baby's body. circumcision effects the entire function of the penis, sexually and otherwise I'm back in school to get certified as an IBCLC, and one of the classes I'm in this semester is currently delving into the anatomy of the brain, as well as lots of studies about it's different functions. Did you know it takes 6 months+ for a circ'd baby boy's cortisol levels to go...
totally normal! it feels good, so why not?! my daughter is thisclose to being an EC grad so she is also constantly bottomless around the house. She is ALWAYS playing with her vagina. ALWAYS. baths, storytime, with 1 hand while she 'cooks' at her kitchen set with the other... literally ALWAYS. I just make sure she washes her hands after she eats anything and don't mention it to her. I'll start teaching her fiddling ettiquite when she's old enough to understand that some...
oh mama... I cannot even begin to fathom what is going on in your heart right now. I agree with the other posters who suggested that it is not a diet thing. The perfect poos are confusing for sure! I had OAL and OS that caused lots of frothy green poos, lots of gas, screaming, and never sleeping for more than 1 hr at a time ANYWHERE. My first guess would be that any stress she experienced at the breast has stuck with her- hence her resistance. The fact that she...
I had a pretty traumatic public school experience and have seriously considered home/unschooling DD since I was pregnant with her. I don't want to project my negative experiences onto her, but it just seems so natural. The hard part is that I'm newly single and going through a divorce. DD and I had no choice but to move 2 hours away to my hometown and are now living with my family. I feel like on my own I can't be a SAHM so I'm working as a breastfeeding peer counselor...
I have an extremely hyperactive thyroid, and got AF on cd29 instead of my clockwork 31 day cycle (not a huge deal), but now at cd9 I'm having tons of creamy cm that's pretty stretchy (not ewcm, though) and today had some streaks of blood in it a couple times after I went to the bathroom. I usually O ok CD15 so that's what i thought it was until I looked at the calendar and realized how early in my cycle I am. any suggestions? I've been having serious dizzy spells and...
I have an extremely hyperactive thyroid, and got AF on cd29 instead of my clockwork 31 day cycle (not a huge deal), but now at cd9 I'm having tons of creamy cm that's pretty stretchy (not ewcm, though) and today had some streaks of blood in it a couple times after I went to the bathroom. I usually O ok CD15 so that's what i thought it was until I looked at the calendar and realized how early in my cycle I am. any suggestions? I've been having serious dizzy spells and...
BUT I found an answer to my issues and was hoping that maybe it would help someone! DH and I were TTC for 11 months while I was (am) still BFing my DD. We had 1 chemical pregnancy and I was so depressed and discouraged. DD was a surprise baby- I went off BCP and less than 4 weeks later I had a BFP AND he was pulling out! I went to my GP for heart palptations and did a full blood work up and an u/s on my thyroid. Turns out I have a HUGE growth on my thyroid and my...