or Connect

Posts by grcelizabeth

My last two births were both 2hrs. so I expect this one to go fast too, but I'm prepared for whatever baby needs time for. It really depends on the time of day for what I'll be doing. If it's in the middle of the night then I'll try and sleep as much as possible and get in the tub when it's too uncomfortable unless I feel like walking that late. During the day, then I would probably clean and get last minute things together in one spot, play with the kids/tell them about...
Oh I also was going to suggest having a homebirth with a midwife who supports and has experience with VBAC's because she can help you and DH thru any fears you both may have. She can educate you as much as you like on what's normal vs. abnormal. Underground midwives are ALL ABOUT educating and supporting whatever you want.     You ladies have been so chatty lately and every time I try to reply, the stupid computer freezes up. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm so glad to see...
I was about to say the same thing too. It's stupid laws/regulations like these that take away the rights of families to choose what and with whom they want. ugh. Anyhow, I would post on "birth without fear" on facebook and I can ask all my midwife friends as well. Are you in Santa Cruz, California or ? We have a widespread knowledge of midwives that will attend and support women, even though the law is against it. Good luck mama and you'll know what's best for you and...
I forgot to mention that I am in Colorado.
Tumbles~ I'm sorry she treated you that way. I'm not sure what you need for your state to prove it is your baby. Here we need two signed affidavits by anyone stating that I'm pregnant (my midwife friends are doing this) and then a letter by a doc. once baby is born that it is my child. Mamatoabunch obviously has done this many times so she knows a lot about it. Every state is different so I'm not sure what you need, but try not to get down. It will all work out and CPS...
My DH is not in the military, but we are constantly moving around for his work. I have been studying midwifery in a course (AAMI) for 1.5 yrs. now and I love that I can take my education with me wherever and how ever often that is. I study on my own time, so it's no biggy. We have talked about DH enlisting in the Military for the past 3 yrs. but nothing has come of it and now I'm due with child #4 so it's most likely not going to happen. Either way, I've come to the...
I think it's important to go with your intuition and do what you feel is best and if that means getting a U/S, then do it. At this moment, I don't feel like I need a U/S but that may change later on and I say go with whatever your gut/intuition/God/ect. tells you.   Yay Tracy! I'm happy for you. It's important to do what you feel is best and I'm so glad to have some other ladies on here I can chat with going thru the same things. 
Oh good, I'm glad I didn't offend you and you understood where I was coming from. I totally understand that hormonal thing.... I cried over the spilt milk the other day. lol   About the 2.5 cups of blood loss though, it IS VERY hard to determine the right amount because it could be a combined amount of chunks, blood fluid, and amniotic fluid. It's so hard to tell what's amniotic fluid vs. what's blood since it's all mixed together. Technically, the medical label of a...
I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were considering having Cytotec for the use of the birthing process. I'm so glad you've done your research, but most UC moms really do anyhow! There really are no dangers to using cytotec for postpartum only but the possible side effects (vomiting, diarrhea, chills/shakes-some moms get this after birth anyhow but the cytotec can increase it, and possible fever). It is worth using if it's a truly big bleed, but that can also be...
PLEASE OH PLEASE DO NOT USE CYTOTEC, especially at home and ESPECIALLY UC. It's extremely dangerous, worse than pitocin and if you decided you wanted to use cytotec then you definitely need to be monitored. I'm not one to preach info. to people unless they ask, but this REALLY scared me and I just had to speak up. I'm a student midwife and I study all of these things, but you can study just as well. Anyone can learn anything they want, you just have to search in the right...