or Connect

Posts by Emzachsmama

I think manners are very important, including basic table manners. I have taught my children to say please and thank you, to hold doors for people (not when they are 20 feet away of course), say excuse me when they bump into someone etc. They have also been taught to chew with their mouth closed and to not make a big mess at the table. I find it kind of sad that some people (irl) find good manners offensive and that me having manners could be viewed as 'being fake' or...
Personally I'd be bothered by it big time. IMO its just not appropriate for adults to be naked in front of other peoples children. That feeling may be from past bad experiences but honestly, if you're bothered by it, it doesn't really matter at all WHY you are bothered by it - it's YOUR child. You don't need to justify it at all. If you don't want it happening then tell your sister that you want her dp to be dressed when your dd is there and if he refuses, then find...
I wouldn't say anything at all because really it's not any of my business IMO. I might have given the mom an 'I've been there' kind of smile but thats it.
I wouldn't be too fussed over a lunchable. I buy them for my kids every once in a while. Everything in moderation is my philosophy. But if it really bothers you maybe just let your mom know that you'd rather them not have lunchables.
It must be very hard to hear that someone you know would want to send their young (very young) child away for so long. That being said I don't think I would say anything personally. IMO, as much as you (and many of us) would disagree with their decision to do this, it is ultimately THEIR decision. And even if we think it is weird...they are the parents and its not really anyone else's business.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ironica Sure, me too... if they're *there*. If I'm at my mom's house for dinner, and I want to look something up, I'll say, "Mind if I use your computer to check...?" And she'll say "sure." Of course, I know her computer inside and out... but it's polite to ask. However, if I'm there and she's NOT (like she's out of town and asked me to fetch something or drop something off), and I want to look something up on the...
I would have been terrified if that happened to me! The part that bothered me the most was when you told him that you weren't comfortable with him just walking in and to please leave and then he responded with 'I want money'! The appropriate response should have been for him to immediately turn around and leave as he was apologizing and telling you that he would never just walk in your home like that again. I would definitely phone the company to complain as well as...
Wow, I'm actually kind of surprised at how many people would be ok with that. It wouldn't even enter my mind to go on someone else's computer without asking permission first. I even ask my mom before I go on her computer. I would be very upset if I came home to find the babysitter on the computer unless she had asked ahead of time or if I had told her she was welcome to use it. I find it hard to fathom it being a generational thing as well...my dd is 14 and she ALWAYS...
For what I think you should do in the future, I agree with the PP. I have a 14 yr old dd and the thing I have found is consistancy is key. And its ok if they are angry with you sometimes. (living that reality this evening having both kids mad at me : ) It has taken me a long time to realize that...I was so concerned with making sure they weren't angry with me that I was letting them get away with a LOT of bad behavior. As for what to do now...I think an appropriate...
I'm having such a hard time dealing with this age. My dd is 14 and at times it can be very trying. I know that she is a good kid but sometimes the choices she makes...I wish she was more like I was at that age...I didn't get into trouble at all...not because I was scared of my parents or anything, they were great. I just wasn't interested in any of that. It is so difficult to walk that line between starting to let them make their own choices and keeping them safe. It is...