or Connect

Posts by Emzachsmama

I knock on dd(13)'s door if it's closed and I wait for an answer before I come in. If I had just talked to her a min or two before and need to talk to her again I will just knock, wait a second or two and open the door and she is ok with that. With ds(9), I just knock and open the door...he's younger and isn't as concerned about it as his sister is. Pretty much the rule around here too is that if the door is closed we knock. There aren't any locks on the kids rooms...
Wishing you lots of good luck today!!
Quote: Originally Posted by lalaland42 I think there are cleaner houses all over MDC-land today because of Lisa Lubner. OP, you are an inspiration. Enjoy those kiddos. Cleaner here today...for that matter my house was cleaner at 1 am after reading this thread. Lisa, you are one of the bravest women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! YOU ROCK!!! Congratulations on your family being reunited!!! ::
I voted 'other' just because of the wording of the poll question. If the question had been 'Would you let YOUR daughter get her nose pierced at 13 yrs old?' I would have voted 'no'. But I don't know what you should do for your dd because every parent will have a different opinion about what is ok. We have told our dd that we will not give our permission for any piercings other than her ears so if she wants them, she needs to wait until she doesn't need parental...
I don't have any advice but I just wanted to give you a It really sucks that you're having to go through all of this crap. You really do have to wonder about people sometimes!:
dh's father has 3 brothers dh has 1 brother, no sisters we had a boy but dh's brother had a girl
I'm glad you let her drop that activity. If it had been one of the ones SHE chose I would have been leaning more toward making her stick it out because I think it is important to help them learn to keep their commitments but since she didn't really want to do this activity and it wasn't her choice then I think it was ok to quit. Good for you for realizing that you may have made a mistake and doing something to fix it.
I would give her a dated letter that includes the date that care will be terminated. It sucks that you have to do that with a friend but it appears it is needed. I've discovered the hard way that it's better to NOT provide daycare to family or friends. Its much harder to keep things business like when you already have a relationship with the parent. And its much easier for them to take advantage of your kindness - I don't think they always realize they are doing it but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Katie Bugs Mama --remember busy signals? I never hear busy signals any more -- it's always call waiting, voice mail, call forwarding, etc. You'll get a busy signal if you phone my house...no call waiting here! Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2Bug White Keds without laces. I still wear these shoes, and still without the laces. Quote: Originally Posted by...
I haven't had to call, but there was one time that the only reason I didn't call was because someone else beat me to it.