or Connect

Posts by babycatcher12

I hate it when people say stuff like that! It's none of their business. If you weren't pregnant someone wouldn't dare say that to you. What is it about pregnant women that makes everyone think they can just have free reign and say whatever they want, no matter how insensitive, rude or ridiculous. (sorry...my own little vent here). I too, have been tempted to punch them in the nose. I think it'd be totally acceptable. I'm sure you look fantastic, enjoy your pregnant...
I have a friend name Mai (sounds like "my"). Maggie (Margaret) Mindy Melinda M names are hard for me anyway. I
Can I just come live with you and see how you do it? I am expecting baby #4, we homeschool and sound very similar in lifestyles. I'm the first in our family to have more than 2 kids and the first to homeschool, so I have no point of reference. We can't wait to get our garden in. We're a little further south than you so are thinking of getting some things in this week if it stays nice. Do you can what you harvest? What does your husband do? Did you come from a...
Thank you all for your replies! I have seen lots of "natural" births, but struggle with knowing how it will look. And I know there is no way of knowing that ahead of time. ColwynsMommy that's exactly what I needed to help me with my visualizations in hypnobabies. I think I've been focusing too much on the details and trying to visualize every little detail. I'm having trouble knowing who will be at my birth. Obviously DH, doula and MW, but my mother lives out of state,...
I know this is probably a dumb question around here. But I have worked as an L&D nurse for years and I have had 3 c/s. I'm planning a HBAC in August, but am having trouble visualizing what this birth might look like. I've done a ton of research and am totally comfortable with a homebirth as is DH. I know my risks, benefits, stats out the wazoo. But for some reason I'm having trouble seeing my homebirth in my mind. I have never been at a homebirth and obviously I've...
Quote: I don't think having a c-section because you're HIV positive means you are not tough enough to have a natural birth. All it means is you chose to have a c-section because that's what was best for you and your child. I agree! I think you really have to weigh the risk vs benefits here. Not that I don't agree that the medical community can sometimes skew statistics, but there have been many many research studies about the risks of a vaginal...
Thanks! I'm planning on writing why I'm refusing to sign this portion and including a couple of research articles about VBAMC and the risks of a c/s (primary or repeat). IMO...if the law were really concerned about the risk of rupture and the number of c/s scars it would mandate that no one could have HBAC if they had more than 1 scar. The law is really saying...unless you're "proven" you don't get to try. It's really (again IMO) a $$ thing and less about the health of...
Has anyone used a birth photographer for their homebirth in the CS/Pueblo area? Did you use a specific photographer or did you just have a friend take pictures? Who would you recommend? It's something I'd like to consider, but don't quite know where to start.
Quote: AND that if you have had two or more cesarean section deliveries, you must also have had at least one vaginal delivery to be eligible to have a midwife perform a VBAC at home. There are some midwives in the area willing to work around this stipulation. Just FYI. Also FWIW, I'm refusing to sign this part of the mandated VBAC consent form.
Glad to hear you had a better day!