or Connect

Posts by babycatcher12

The law for pre-existing conditions doesn't kick in until 2014 for private insurance companies. Neither of the jobs DH will be working offers group insurance so we're buying it privately. I had an appointment and early sono on Tuesday. We found a heartbeat (yay!) But also a SCH that is 3cm long and 1cm deep. So the doc said no aspirin and no heparin until around 11-12 weeks. We want platelets to be working so the SCH doesn't get bigger. We'll be moving in 11 days so I'll...
We're at the point though that it's either COBRA for me and no insurance for the rest of the family or insurance for them and none for me. If I didn't have a clotting disorder and just had 2 second trimester losses which involved induction and trips to the OR (costing more than 15,000), I would be totally fine paying out of pocket for a HB midwife. However, because of my recent history I'm a bit scared of that option.    My insurance is out at the end of this month....
I did too. I called the insurance commissioner today to ask. She told me that part of the healthcare law doesn't come into effect until 2014. Employers can't count it as a pre-existing condition, but apparently when you're buying it privately they can. Several insurance companies told me they couldn't even include me on the policy because I was pregnant. The insurance commissioner did say I could be part of the "high risk" pool which is insurance for people with...
So I just quit my job for a relocation for DH's job. We get insurance through August from my job, DH's new job doesn't offer insurance (he's a pastor) so we'll be buying it privately. No insurance company will insure me because I am already pregnant. Right now it's either find a way to fork out the cash for COBRA (which is $555 a month for just me or $1400 for our whole family) or self pay because private insurance companies consider pregnancy a pre-existing condition in...
Thanks for asking! I was just coming here to post, thanks for remembering. :)     I had my appointment with MFM this morning. The doc didn't really help all that much. She basically said all of our options are viable and would be okay with any of them. She didn't have a strong recommendation either way. So these are my options (I have MTHFR, which I'm taking extra folate for and Prothrombin 2 mutation) Option 1. Just take baby aspirin during pregnancy and...
Erin how crazy is that? I didn't even catch it the first time I read through it.  I am compound heterozygous (so a mutation on both alleles for the MTHFR). Right now I am taking aspirin and overloading on folic acid simply because my insurance won't cover methlyfolate right now. I have an appointment on August 6 with maternal fetal medicine to talk about their recommendations for this pregnancy.  So glad that you're here. I was afraid I was going to be a "weird" one...
EDD  April 4 Your Name: Erin Age: 31 State or Country: Colorado now, but moving to Kansas in a few weeks.  How long it took to you to get your BFP: What number child is this for you: 5th living. 9th pregnancy Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband Kerry, DS 9, 7, 3, 2. I have had 2 early m/c and 2 second trimester losses. A son Knox born at 15 weeks in December and a daughter Lillian at 14 weeks in May (she had Turner...
Me. April 4th with baby #5 (pregnancy #9). I will probably just lurk for a while because I've had two second trimester losses and I hate that whole awkward leaving the group thing. :) But I'll be reading posts and responding as we get started with our group. 
My appointment is August 6. I will be going to Colorado Springs, but shortly after that appointment we will be moving to the middle of nowhere in SW Kansas. I had 3 c/s then a successful HBAC and then my two losses. My second loss was caused by Turner Syndrome we think. There has been no evidence of clotting with either of those births, well with any of them really. Thank you so much for all the helpful advice. There just seems to be so little research and no one clear...
Thanks for your input. My understanding for the suggested repeat c/s is because they won't be able to "manage"my labor with an induction. They usually stop the heparin the day or two before an induced birth. Since I'm a VBAC and can't be induced there's no way to "control" when I stop the heparin. The other thought was that *if* I would rupture I would be at much higher risk for adverse events because I had been on anticoagulants. We'll see though.   Lovenox isn't an...