or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

Does such a thing exist?  I have seen lots of YouTube videos of woven wrap instructions, where the user has slowed the process way down and explains each little step.  I don't know any wrap users in real life, so I have never seen how someone might wrap up their baby or toddler at a normal speed, without breaking it up into little steps.  I want to see how fast it typically is and what sort of shortcuts people take when they are a more proficient wrapper.   I mostly...
I have recently fallen in love with woven wraps and need some tips on how to get more use out of mine.  I have a Dolcino already and have ordered an Ellaroo as a lighter weight option.  My 2 month old son pretty much does all of his napping in the wrap and I feel pretty proficient with the FCC and FWCC.  I have really only used it in the house, so I can get other things done and have hands available for my older daughter, and on walking outings from the house.     I...
I have made quite a few slings and wanted to experiment with a stretchier fabric.  I used a knit that is very similar to the Moby wrap fabric and made a sling with she same dimensions as my regular, non-stretch ring sling.  It worked great for the first few weeks with my son, up until about 10 or 11 lbs or so, but the fabric started slipping through the rings when he got much bigger than that.  The knit is not very grippy in the rings.  I wouldn't feel safe using it for...
I have an R120 RF behind the passenger in a Honda Fit, a super tiny car, with room to spare.  I have the angle adjuster and wouldn't have been able to get the seat upright enough without it.  
Ugh...another undie-poop at the park today, and she didn't even tell me about it...just kept right on playing until I caught a whiff.   Back to the drawing board I suppose.
UPDATE: She pooped on the potty today right after dinner! It was no big deal to her, just like the hundreds of other times she has done it (prior to the past week), but we made a huge deal and she got to call her grandparents and dad (on a business trip) to announce the exciting news herself.  She was thrilled with all of the excitement.  We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I was sure happy to not hand wash poopy pants today.
My DD is 2.5 years old and we have been casually ECing since about 6 months old.  Over the past year or so she has been in undies while at home and has been pretty successful in keeping her dipes dry as long as I take her to the potty often.  We have always had about the same catch/miss success with poop and pee, neither seemed to be more frequent than the other.  Then, about a week and a half ago, she decided that she won't wear her diapers anymore and has been full...
We found some 3-packs of Gerber undies (the package called them trainers because they have an extra layer of cotton in the crotch, but really, they are just slightly thick undies) with dinosaurs on them.  The other two in the pack were stripes and solid.  Hannah Andersson might have some good options as well, though they would be a lot more expensive.
My DD is 2.5 and has been out of dipes for a week or so and is only wearing undies or Flip trainers.  She is most consistent with pee and is having a poop accident every other day or so (I think the Flip trainers feel too much like dipes to her and is confusing).  What I am wondering is how I should deal with the trainer inserts and undies that fell victim to the poop accidents, now that I am no longer doing a whole diaper washing routine.  Do they get tossed in with the...
My DD is 2.5 and has been out of dipes for a week or so and is only wearing undies or Flip trainers.  She is most consistent with pee and is having a poop accident every other day or so (I think the Flip trainers feel too much like dipes to her and is confusing).  What I am wondering is how I should deal with the trainer inserts and undies that fell victim to the poop accidents, now that I am no longer doing a whole diaper washing routine.  Do they get tossed in with the...