or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

My DD is 2.5 and has been out of dipes for a week or so and is only wearing undies or Flip trainers.  She is most consistent with pee and is having a poop accident every other day or so (I think the Flip trainers feel too much like dipes to her and is confusing).  What I am wondering is how I should deal with the trainer inserts and undies that fell victim to the poop accidents, now that I am no longer doing a whole diaper washing routine.  Do they get tossed in with the...
Have any of you tried using straight coconut oil or aloe to treat eczema (not as a part of mixed cream or salve, or their own)?  Just curious if either of those are effective.  DD is allergic to dairy for sure, and likely eggs and wheat as well and has a host of symptoms (lots of night waking, diarrhea, gassiness, crankiness), the most prominent and first noticed is eczema on her arms, chest, neck, and occasionally her legs.  We have used California Baby lotions and a...
We had a very similar situation with my now 2.5 year old DD.  She is allergic to dairy and eggs, and likely wheat (re-challenging that one soon) and we found that bathing her as infrequently as possible really helped.  Getting wet actually dries the skin further and always caused a flare up.  She would light up like a Christmas tree as soon as she got wet and it was even worse with soap (which we only use on her hair or if she is super dirty from the beach or something)....
I am running out of interesting and healthy ideas for snacks on the go for my 2.5 year old DD.  Trail mix, rice cakes, fruit leathers, and portable fresh fruit are in the regular rotation, but I would love some new and different suggestions.   Also, is there some great website that has lists of things like that, or other allergy and kid friendly recipes that I can try? We are new the the allergy world and I would love to be directed to some good sources instead of...
There are a few of these in my area, and I am not sure if it is something I want to do.  If you did take one, was it helpful? Was there more/different information presented that you didn't know from your own reading and research?   Thanks!
I am now trying to decide between the fishy pool and the official birth tub kit that I can rent from my MW.  Can you lean on the sides of the fishy pools? Will the sides support you in that way?  Also, can they handle the hot water without melting?   Thanks!
Any thoughts on this?  Would a home bathtub be sufficient or is there a huge advantage to having the proper birth tub?
One is an assistant MW who is training as an apprentice.  The other is a MW and naturopathic student who is attending births and doing some prenatal care as a part of her school program.
I had a hospital birth for my first and will be at home for my second.  If I will have a midwife and two assistants at the birth already, what is the additional benefit of a doula as well? I had a doula for the first birth and found her very necessary as we were in the hospital and otherwise alone most of the time.  I am looking for a way to save on costs as I will have to pay for the birth out of pocket since it is a home VBAC (Washington MW malpractice law requires...
I had a hospital birth for my first and will be at home for my second.  If I will have a midwife and two assistants at the birth already, what is the additional benefit of a doula as well? I had a doula for the first birth and found her very necessary as we were in the hospital and otherwise alone most of the time.  I am looking for a way to save on costs as I will have to pay for the birth out of pocket since it is a home VBAC (Washington MW malpractice law requires...