or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

Has anyone tried both?  The velcro on my Thristies covers has all but died and I want something different for baby number two.  The Lite Wrap velcro seems nice and soft, but maybe the Bummis is grippier?  I don't want snaps, so I am just interested in hearing about the velcro kind.   Thanks!
Thanks for all of the suggestions and ideas...I had never heard of Softbums, Best Bottom, or Swaddlebees.  I have looked at their websites and like the look of the Best Bottom and GroVia.  I knew there would never be a diaper that would fit all of the criteria, but I had to ask, just in case.    The closest I have found of the ones I have tried is the Bummis EasyFit.  I still have 5 in the rotation and love them for the fit, fast drying, no need to unstuff, strong...
I have tried a lot of diapers over the past couple of years and want to know if the diaper of my dreams is out there and I just haven't found it yet.  We primarily use prefolds or workhorse fitteds and covers and love them, but a great one-piece dipe can make things much easier for out of the house, with babysitters, and with my mom, who can't ever get a 2-piece system on right.  Here are the criteria in order of importance:   1. 100% cotton interior (no polyester in...
How long does a typical back carry take you do get set up and tied with a woven wrap (like a ruck, nothing fancy)?  I have watched a bunch of you tube videos, but they are meant to be instructional, so I am guessing they are taking a lot longer than usual.  I am hesitant to delve into wrapping because I worry that my wiggly girl won't have the patience for the process that may be involved in wrap back carrying.     Also, I am wondering which would make the most sense...
That is definitely possible that she is fine in the Ergo in the straddle.  My girl was super tall from very early on so she was ready for it at about that age too. 
I am a pediatric physical therapist and am familiar with the little growing skeletons and muscles of 3 month olds, and with the Ergo, having used one myself.  It is not a good idea to sit the babe in the full straddle until there is about 0.5 - 1 inch of thigh poking out of the sides of the Ergo at the knee-pit.  The lower legs should be freely dangling below the knee, and the fabric of the Ergo should be above the knee...does that make sense?  One suggestion that you...
Thanks for the tip on the IV covers...I'll look into those.  I have already done the clean out and trim of both sides of the velcro, multiple times.  They have gotten less and less grippy with each cleaning actually, probably because the fuzz side is no longer loops for the hooks to grip after so many trims.  
I have a stash of Thirsties duo covers that I have used on my DD and am considering what to get fro the new baby.  The velcro on the thirsties has gotten really fuzzy and has lost much of its grippiness.  Any suggestions for a  velcro cover that might not have this issue?  I can't stand snaps, so that isn't an option.  I am interested in the new Bummis SuperLite covers, but have read mixed reviews (I have a thread about them down the list from last week).  Any others I...
My little sweetie in her swimmy diaper at 8 months...she still fits in this same swimmy at 2.5 years old!
I have ordered the angle adjuster as well.  As for the front seat bracing...I read the manual a few times, asked a million questions over on car-seat.org, and called the dealer to talk to the service guys.  The conclusion was that there aren't sensors in the driver's seat since the car assumes that there is a driver in it if an accident has happened (from the Honda dealer guy) and that it is okay to touch the driver's side, but no contact is allowed on the passenger...