or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

I would connect her with her local ICAN group.  I had similarly terrible first birth experience and found ICAN after my daughter was 2 years old.  It would have helped so much with my emotional processing to go earlier on.  
Is that angle adjuster just a piece of foam?  Does it have to be their special piece of foam in order to work?  I haven't seen that before.  Now...how to get my stubborn husband on board with RF again.  He thinks it is terrible.  I get a lot of "oh, she's fine" whenever I bring up safety recommendations.  Any other tips to try with him, videos I can show him, other details to tell him?   Thanks again for the help and support, I really appreciate it.   Whitney
So, how do you actually install the seat RF at a higher incline?  The only option I have seen on their website and in YouTube videos involves that extra piece that you install into the bottom of the seat before doing the car install.  Can you install it without that piece? What are the "usual tricks" you mentioned to change the incline?   And on to the rear vs. forward facing comment.  I totally agree with you that she should be RF.  The problem is that with her...
When I was buying my first set of little diaper covers for my DD (now 2.5yrs), I was told to never stuff diapers into the flaps on covers.  Those flaps are there to cover the back side of the belly part of the cover, the part where velcro is sewn on.  The sewing machine needle is punching hundreds of holes in the PUL of the cover, essentially perforating it.  If your diaper is wet enough and there is any pressure on the baby's belly, the wetness can soak through the...
Yes, we will have an almost three year old forward facing and a newborn, obviously rear facing.  We have an infant bucket seat that we can use if the big seat doesn't fit.  Is it even possible to install the Radian RF at less than a 45 degree recline?  I thought that was the only RF option for the Radian...
I have seen mixed reviews of these seats, but am very interested due to the narrowness since we will soon have two in a Honda Fit. Are they really that hard to install?  Are they easy to use once installed? Comfortable?  Is your kid bothered by sitting so low in the seat and not seeing much out the window?  DD is FF in a Britax Boulevard now, and is used to being up high.     Thanks for your input.
How do you like these covers?  We would be using them over snappied prefolds or cotton fitteds (probably GMD workhorse).  I have only used gusseted covers, but am interested in trying something new if these get good reviews.  I like the idea of wider, sturdier-looking velcro closures.  The flimsiness of the velcro is my prime complaint about the Thirsties covers we have been using.  I can't stand snaps, so that isn't an option.
I really want to love flats, and have attempted to use our huge pile of receiving blankets as flats, which actually worked pretty well.  My question is, if you do a fancy fold like the origami or kite fold, do you fold all of them when they come out of the dryer and have them in a folded stack all ready to go? Or do you fold at each diaper change?  That is what got me stuck with flats, I couldn't work out a good system that made it seem like anything but a huge hassle....
I am planning a few stash alterations for baby # 2 and can't decide whether go get a pile of MEOS dipes, or to go with the GMD workhorse fitteds.  We love prefolds the most and plan to use those mostly as we did with DD, but my mom, who is around a lot, can't stand them and wants us to get some diapers that are easier for her to use.  I have a friend who uses the workhorse fitteds and loves them, but they seem super thick and bulky, and take a while in the dryer, though...
I am due with my second in July and we are trying to decide if a moses basket would be a worthwhile thing to have around.  We plan to cosleep at night again (my older daughter slept with us until she was 2) and have no place to set up a crib even if we wanted one.  I am wondering if having a dedicated, and portable napping spot for the new baby might be a good idea.  My daughter never napped on her own until she was over a year, so it was a non-issue with her, but I...