or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

My 20 month old DD has been waking every 2 hours to nurse for her whole life and I have had enough.  We decided to try completely eliminating the night nursing and having my husband manage all of the night wakings (she won't settle for me at all without nursing) and it is not going well.  After three nights she is still waking at least every 2 hours and taking a while to settle down.  We have seen no improvement in her waking frequency (maybe it is just too soon?) and...
I have an Ergo and am not very happy with it for back carries since I have a super long torso and my daughter only gets a view of my back, no matter how high I hike it up.  I have tried a few high back carries with a wrap that I am borrowing, but can't seem to last longer than about 10 minutes thanks to back and shoulder soreness.  Am I missing something?  I have watched lots of videos on wrapping, but maybe I haven't found just the right style yet? My daughter is 19...
We had the same issue when my daughter was about that age, always wanting to be out facing.  But, I agree with the previous response that it is not a good idea to face your baby out in a dangle position due to the stress on the hips and spine (I am a pediatric PT).  It can also be overwhelming for them from a sensory standpoint as well.  I also used a ring sling a lot at that age due to the variety of ways you can pop the baby in and out of it, depending on their mood at...
I could have written almost the same post..waiting on some good ideas...
Has anyone tried it? How did it go? Any tips or tricks to make it as safe as possible (other than the obvious PFD)? 
My daughter is nearly 18 months and has recently been going all day without a nap at least twice a week.  It is killing me.  Is this happening to anyone else?  I give her all kinds of opportunities to fall asleep when she seems tired, but no luck.  As the day wears on she gets more and more cranky, and so do I.  She is obviously tired, but won't fall asleep.  I should also add that on the days she does nap, she sleeps for 2-3 hours, so it seems like she still needs the...
I am planning to start work 2 days/week in a couple of weeks and am not sure whether or not to bother with pumping.  When I am home, my daughter (13.5 months) nurses very frequently all day and night and is not interested in any EBM from a bottle or sippy (though she may be more willing to take it if I am not around).  She is also not at all interested in drinking anything else other than water from a sippy (no cow's milk or any other milk alternative).  What I am...
What is the best/healthiest/safest milk alternative drink to start offering DD when she turns 1 in a few weeks? Rice milk? Hemp milk? Coconut milk? Almond milk? Is one better than another in terms of digestibility for a little one? Does one have better vitamins/other nutritive value than another? Are there any that are specifically geared towards toddlers? Or do I even need to give her anything like that if we are still nursing (which we will be for a while) and she...
All of my diapers with even a hint of polyester in them, including Motherease one-size fitteds and a BabyKicks hemp-cotton fitted, have a serious ammonia stink the second DD pees in them. Gross. None of my 100% cotton prefolds or fitteds have this issue (go cotton!!!). From what I have read on these boards so far about ammonia stink, my poly-blend dipes need some sort of super sanitizing clean. Is it better for the diapers to use oxiclean or bleach? I am afraid of...
My dear little baby has a raging rash (we're pretty sure it is yeast) on her low belly, inner thighs, and bum that refuses to go away. We use a combo of cotton fitteds, prefolds, and some BG pockets (though they have been repelling recently, so she is mostly in cotton now) with Thirsties Duo covers. She has always had sensitive skin, but this rash seems extra bad. Is there anything I can do to battle it without having to use disposables? Will Lotramin ruin CD's? Are...