or Connect

Posts by whitneyg

Hi Floridian Mamas, My husband has a conference in Miami Beach from June 7-13 and we have decided to tag along (from Seattle...long flight...ugh). Does anyone know of any AP groups or other fun mama/baby groups or events my daughter and I could crash while we are there? I can't stay in a hotel all day with a baby, I might go insane. Looking forward to the sun!
We are moving to a two-level house tomorrow and will need to get a baby monitor since the bedrooms are both upstairs. We co-sleep, but put DD in her crib for the first part of the night before we go to bed. Do any of you have recommendations for a good, simple monitor that you like? Thanks, Whitney
has he started drooling/teething? it could be the drool stool that my DD had at about that time. it seems to come and go and the nurse i talked to said it can cause some intestinal upset due to the acidity of the saliva. it also has a sour, funky smell that is nothing like the early newborn poops that barely smelled like anything.
Hi Mamas, In the interest of getting more things done during the day (you know, laundry, dishes, the fun stuff) with my high-needs, needs to be worn all day 5 month old, I am starting to try the back carry. I can't seem to manage getting her on my back by myself in the Moby, so I have tried it in the Ergo with better success. My problem is that she is so low on my back because of where the waist belt needs to be in order to be remotely comfortable. I think she would...
we used our ergo from day one, using a thick, sturdy flannel blanket folded into a 2x2 foot square. i put the babe on her back in a diagonal position on the blanket. then i picked up the two corners together that were at her sides so she was basically the filling of a blanket taco. i then set her in the ergo in a side saddle position so she was sitting upright with her bum and back aligned right down the center of me. the corner of blanket that stuck up behind her head...
DD is almost 4 months old and has had cradle cap for 2 months now. I have tried a few ways to get rid of it, but it always comes back a day or two later. Is there any reason that it needs to be dealt with, or can I just wait for it to go away on its own? Will it go away on its own?
DD is 3.5 months old and has been sleeping well with a double swaddle (legs out) for over a month now. Also, we are co-sleeping. She has been showing signs of learning to roll, so I was thinking we needed to get her to sleep without the swaddle so she doesn't flip over while wrapped up. I have tried nursing her to sleep unswaddled, she falls asleep in my arms, but wakes up agitated and is very thrashy and wiggly as soon as I set her down. This went on for about an hour...
We decided to invest in some of the fancy pocket diapers to use at night (BumGenius) because the fleecy insides wick the moisture away and DD will last all night without a change, especially if I double-stuff them. We are using prefolds during the day which definitely bother her when she is wet. She is waking to nurse, but I don't have to change her which make going back to sleep much easier. As for the swaddling, have you tried the double swaddle? DD is a very active 3...
We are having a hard time figuring out how many layers to use without overheating DD. She is swaddled and in our bed.
My DD has been congested for over a week and hasn't been sleeping well at all (used to sleep 6-7 hours!). She is also fairly spitty and does better if at an angle or totally upright all day for nursing, playing, etc. Her pediatrician suggested elevating her head for sleep to help with both issues. How do we do that if she is in our bed? I would love to sidecar a crib, but the room is too small. Any suggestions?