or Connect

Posts by landgyrl

I liked both on facebook and have been itchin' to get my wild boy a Strider! Would love to win! Good luck to all!
That's what it sounds like to me, but no, she is already going to another town to deliver and her options are not really options compared to what some of us are lucky to have. She's in a small town for starters.  Having had complications (gestational diabetes and then low amnio fluid) with my boy, I know it is so hard to know who and what to believe when docs start telling you they will induce, etc. ARGH.   Thanks all for your input!    
(Also posted in I'm Pregnant- not sure how to move it over?)   A close friend of mine is due with twins at the beginning of May. (She would be posting here because I bought her a subscription, but nobody at Mothering will answer my calls/ emails about it.)  For insurance reasons and legalities, she is giving birth in a hospital. Her obgyn has told her that she "must" have an epidural to deliver vaginally. Does anybody have the experience delivering twins and forgoing...
A close friend of mine is due with twins at the beginning of May. (She would be posting here because I bought her a subscription, but nobody at Mothering will answer my calls/ emails about it.)  For insurance reasons and legalities, she is giving birth in a hospital. Her obgyn has told her that she "must" have an epidural to deliver vaginally. Does anybody have the experience delivering twins and forgoing an epidural? My SIL had twins and her obgyn told her the same and...
Hi there! We are exploring opportunities in and around the New England area to relocate to and one of our top choices is Burlington. I'm currently a SAHM with my 26MO boy and would like to find PT work once we are a little settled, as well as PT care for him.  Would anyone have any recommendations of daycares/ schools in Burlington for our little man? I'd like to eventually enrol him at a Waldorf or Montessori school, but I know most don't take kids before 2.5/3YO and...
DS's bedtime is 6 but he usually isn't asleep until after 7pm, the earlier, the better. We start eating dinner at 445, but sometimes he eats for an hour, so it pushes things back.   I've tried to drop the nap, and as previously mentioned, he starts to wet, get cranky (it hit at 11am on Friday, for example) and become violent (kicking, hitting, etc.). He's like me, his body can go forever without enough sleep, but he becomes sensitive and oh-so-grouchy.    Update:...
  Nothing wrong with it at all, I just don't think it's sane for me to sit there and watch him (as he wants, he won't do it on his own) until he decides to calm down and finally give in to sleep. It's his way to resist sleeping.   I can't visit my family for a week-end, they are 22 hours away.  I meant that when I am visiting family, I still don't get a break.  The sleeping challenges get worse when we are away.  As for going away on my own - that would be great, but not...
Thanks for all your replies. It makes me feel human again to have others relate to what I am experiencing. I have always put my son's sleep first (protect naps, consistent bedtime, consistent bedtime routine, etc.) to what seems like no avail 26 months later. I've lain with him for up to 1.5 hours when we are away from home until he falls asleep, but when we are home, that just doesn't slide well. It doesn't away either because I can't visit with friends or family since...
It seems that every time I search for this issue, I read of these parents who will lie for hours with their kids. Thank you for posting this. Thank you both for your insight. We just changed his crib to a toddler bed, so he can now get out. And the latch on the door doesn't work...so. We'll have to figure out how to get him to stay in his room for the transition. But I'm ready for a change!    
Getting our DS (26months) to sleep has almost always been a challenge, to say the least.  While I joke that he is too curious to want to miss anything, I'm losing it on the inside and now too frequently on the outside.   I tried CIO when he was younger, but it never felt right and didn't pursue it. These days, I'm wondering if CIO or a yelling mother is worse. My son has been resisting naps for over a week, and taking between one to one and one half hours to fall...