or Connect

Posts by landgyrl

What do you do when you lose count? I just started purging and forgot to keep track...but we didn't have mail for two days last week from taking us off of lists of catalogues and such. Yay! But I love mail...Will start counting again.  
I'm not sure where else to ask...none of my kin are intact and my in-laws gave us the hardest time after our son was born about 'why we should circumcise' that I don't want to venture there to ask even though my MIL owns a daycare and has seen it all.   My DS (2) is always feeling his penis. I mean, always. He is mainly in underwear during the day and diapers at night. He will find a way to get his hand in the diaper and then it gets stuck half out of it. He's wet...
  I've only been doing MM for 3 weeks...what is 'white knuckling'? I am not trying to get everything done or I'd lose my mind. My DS (2yo) already helps with laundry, washing, wiping, he's a bit of a clean-a-holic to be honest. Perhaps I need to just get into the rhythm and make more freezer batches for food 'cause I try to make most things from scratch and that is super time-consuming.  It's just those extra things I never get to (like the light fixtures) suddenly feel...
I love the MM lists and of course all the things I put off (cleaning light fixtures for one) are finally getting done. BUT! Am I obsessed with the list and neglecting my boy? EEKS. Anybody else feel this way?
Regarding the 'closet' comments for those nursing beyond one- how is it before one? Here in Alabama, women cover themselves up even in a room full of women. With new babies. I don't get it. (I'm from Canada).
DS decided on his own at 19 months he was ready (he went to get the potty I'd bought around 13 months bc he was a nightmare on the change table)...he's had setbacks when he is too tired or in a new environment, but pretty much went from diapers to 100% potty in the first month. We still do diapers at night as we've just returned from a long stretch away (3.5 weeks) and alot of change in the fall, but are getting ready to try night time. Go for it, but read the EC...
 We specifically ask for 'experience' gifts for our DS...the best gifts are certainly not tangible and until a certain age, how would they know they didn't receive anything from so-and-so? We are constantly questioning all these occasions where gifts are expected and received before DS (almost 2) gets to the age of expecting things.   In line with this thread...we received two plactic made in china gifts this week after we were asked for a list of recommendations for DS....
Ha on the chocolate...DS has never had chocolate but he might as well be made of chocolate the way he's wired and can't settle down. Is your DD in a bed or crib or cosleeping? We are thinking of converting DS's crib into a day bed to enable the bedtime story...it's not cozy leaning over a crib to massage or sing or read...our routine has always included reading books before bed, but mishmashed with putting on pj/ pottying and then bed. But combining them might work...I...
 Did you find at 2 (or at least almost 2) they were different biweekly as well? I feel like when I have DS sorta figured out...I don't.   I can very much relate to those who were raised through yelling and threats and spanking...although the third is not an option, the other two come out. Regretfully.
I'm also glad to have found this post. DH has never really tried and says he'd find a way to get him to sleep. So 24 months later...I've never gone out at night. We're also going through another rough phase (DS has never been easy to get to sleep) which makes me a little crazy and hence, DH won't consider another child. So sad.   For those considering nightweaning to ease your nights...I nightweaned DS on my own at 20 months while DH was away at a conference...which was...