or Connect

Posts by landgyrl

I'm very late at updating this, but for anybody reading this searching for help with their babe going through something similar...here is what has happened with us! I took the advice to nightwean, but only after we had a lengthy holiday away from home and were settled back in. I also flew it solo. My husband was out of town, so I coslept with DS during the first nights of nightweaning. I believe this helped tremendously as he was not happy to have his (as others have...
Phew! What a relief to read all of these posts about weaning and creepy crawlies. My DS is almost 22 months and in the last few weeks I have been just holding my breath to try to make it to 24 months as a cut off for my own sanity. But. He keeps chewing on my nipples, despite my trying to show him and tell him how much it hurts. We nap together and he also has to stay pretty much attached the entire time. However, somedays, whether hormones (PMS, not preggo here) or when...
Our DS had severe diaper rash although we aired him out and use mainly cloth wipes (same as you, we use conventional wipes for poop, but follow with cloth wipes) when he was little. I then read about adding a little bit of vinegar to the water and has since had very few problems (unless he has a day of lots of bms...anybody's bottom would be red!). We put a little vinegar in the bottom of a juice jug and fill with water, then refill our little go to water bowl in the...
Thank you for all your posts! It is a change to read other mums going similar issues (instead of family and inlaws telling me what to do...or saying 'how strange' i've never heard of such problems...must be because you're breastfeeding him). We also tried the No-Cry Sleep Solution very early on. It absolutely did not work for us. I stood over DS taking his nap, waiting for the moment just prior his 30 minute mark to pick him up and sway him like a circus clown and it...
We have accepted the fact that our DS (18 months) is 'not a good sleeper'. However, lately our sleepless nights have escalated - from night wakings every two hours to it taking sometimes three hours to getting him back down. We are at the point that we're all overtired and losing our patience. I am losing my patience. I feel that because of this constant lack of sleep (then one night, decent sleep), I am unable to stay cool and collected and be the mother I want to be day...
I also just found this part of the community...and would love to hear more about the group, if possible? I've been relying on a friend out of state who is an acupuncturist to help figure out some more holistic approaches to our son's issues.