or Connect

Posts by jackimari1

My DD will be 5 in 2 months and same thing. I actually was relieved to read this because I have been very concerned lately. She is either happy/not a care in the world or woe is me/depressed/blah. She also is extremely caring, sensitive, empathic towards others, and very smart. I am wondering if this is something common with kids who are extra aware of what is going on around them at a young age. Not sure but it is draining me thats for sure. I've begun to do nightly...
Hi Laura, I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I am starting to feel that the tv programs I have allowed her to watch are having a negative impact on her. She doesn't watch anything that anyone would say is inappropriate per se but I feel that the shows she really likes are very superficial and focus on "looks", ways of dressing, being a "princess" etc etc. She now will only wear dresses, very picky about what she looks like because she says she has to "look pretty"....
Hi Jennifer, My 3 year old may have pertussis but we are unsure yet. My pediatrician is treating her with zithromax right now and is saying that she will test her for it if she doesn't improve in 48 hours. I also have a 12 month old son and both my children are not vaccinated due to a family history of a fatal reaction to the dtap vaccine (in their paternal aunt). Anyway, I am wondering if there are any homeopathic  and/or holistic remedies that I can try to reduce the...
We had the procedure done last week. Let me know if you want any info.   Jackie
Hi guys, Do your children have to go under GA? My daughter is 3 and we just got back from having 8 cavities done using conscious sedation (chloral hydrate). The procedure went well and with the chloral hydrate and nitrous, she slept through the entire procedure. The hour after giving the meds is tough because they get very agitated before they become drowsy but other then that, it went very smoothly. She had 8 cavities filled and it took about an hour. She is now home...
Not crying it out but I totally understand. When my babies scream in the car, I could literally have a heart attack. It's awful. So sorry!!! He will outgrow this though...they outgrow almost everything!!! 
Hi guys, Going through the same thing with my 3 yr old dd. My ped dentist is recommending chloral hydrate conscious sedation to do about an hours worth of dental work. What ended up happening in your situations? Completely terrified and just can't stop obsessing about this. I am terrified of the damn novocaine let alone the sedation medication. Hope all went well with your children!!!
Hello Everyone :) I'm sure this has been asked a million times but here goes for a million and one....what are peoples experience with conscious sedation in dentistry? My DD is 3 1/2 and has about 7 cavities total all in molars. Our pediatric dentist is suggesting using the Chloral Hydrate because she has about an 1 hour worth of work and doubts my daughter will be THAT cooperative. We are on the fence mainly because we are so scared of it. Wondering if anyone chose...
Hello :) I have given my breast fed baby boy a little whipped cream off my finger 3 times and 3 times he got 2 or 3 hives around his mouth within a few minutes. He has tried regular formula a few times when he was a newborn and didn't seem to have much of a reacion except for gassiness. I would say the same when I eat dairy, just a little gassiness. I have an appt with an allergist coming up but my question is does this necessarily mean he has a full blown milk protein...
Hi, Good question! I stay at home with my 20-month old daughter and we are getting really bored thanks to the cold weather! I feel like she is watching way too much television all of the sudden but don't know what else to do. She doesn't like to read with me and is a little too young for crafts! ughh.....