or Connect

Posts by Mamaluu

Reading all your comments make me cry. At least ONE person out of the entire forum is able to see through my comments and venting (and the fact that much of my expressions aren't literal) and see what it really is -- a frustrated mother at the 24th hour of the day, deparate, tired, lonesome, had no one to vent to, and, just, frustrated.   If any of you NEVER get frustrated with your kids, NEVER had a bad day and NEVER just rant & vent when you talk/write, and NEVER had a...
My almost 2.5 year old son is acting like a girl (or just being a very lazy boy) and it really bothers me.  I cannot get him to do anything active.    Every time I take him to playground all that he ever wants to do is swing.  He rarely ever wants to climb up and go on the slide or do anything that requires moving.  Even when he's on the swing he doesn't want to move his legs back and forth to swing himself.  With a baby in the carrier, I can't exactly chase him on...
I really couldn't find the best place to post this question but I suppose it really falls under "organizing" - it's about finding a place to back up your files (specifically family & kids photos) online permanently so I don't need to burn backup CDs and keep them and lose them still if anything were to happen to our home or gets lost in the process of moving, who knows.   I know these are popular but I need recommendations.  Where is the best place online to backup...
I'd like some ideas on getting my 20-month old to eat protein, and also a more balanced diet.   It seems like all he wants is pasta & bread. When I lay everything out on his plate he picks what he wants (pasta), and leaves the rest (meat/chicken, veggies).  So I started giving him only meat first thing he sits down at the table (when he is the most hungry), and wait till he's had some of the meat/chicken/protein before bringing him the rest of his food.  That worked...
I'd like to get some ideas on what I can do with my very hyper 19-month old son, in a second-floor apartment with a newborn.  More specifically, I'd like ideas on how to burn his energy while at home so he can calm down enough to either sit & read (or do some other activities with me), nap, or just be calm enough that he's not running, yelling, and screaming inside the apartment, sometimes being rough & almost a little distructive.    I know the easy answer is to...
My 19-month old often drags his feet when asked to do something (put toys back, put shoes on, finish washing hands in the sink, clean up, etc).  What can I do to make him go quicker, and on my first request so I'm not nagging (asking him over and over "put your toy back")?  I need whatever brilliant ideas you've got to speed up your kids and move things along.   I hear some people use a song, for example, for clean up or whatever task - when the song finishes they...
(If there is a better place to post this topic please let me know.)   I'm inquiring about setting up Montessori system/environment at home to work with (homeschool) my 19-month old. I've referred to a couple of books about activities and materials to have.  I'm ready to get some materials so I can get started, but wondering how the Montessori homeschool moms get their materials.  They seem rather expensive to me to buy (for example, the "cylinder blocks" cost more...
    What an idea!  I was just going to post a question about what to do when my toddler repeats & whines "up, up, up, up.." (meaning "pick me up", "carry me") almost ALL DAY LONG, and I can't get anything done (I'm not even trying to do anything besides change diapers, get him food, get him dressed to take him out, eat, go to the bathroom, etc).  It's crazy and it's down right annoying to me at times especially when the newborn needs something and I really can't spare the...
Hey thanks again for all the support and tips & tricks. Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here and reading this thread, so if you've got more ideas do please keep it coming, I am loving all the new ideas & experience sharing.   I'm trying out many of the ideas here. When I get a chance I'll report back...   By the way, about baby wearing, I gave it another try with a different carrier this time.  My newborn is humungous (17 lb at 7 weeks of age) and...
In my closet I have a lot of very nice, very expensive and stylish outfits, suits, skirts and heels from: 1) my previous career life right before I became a mama (had a lot of nice suits and outfits) 2) my previous single attractive gal life before I became a mama (had good looking tops, skirts, heels, etc)   Now I'm a stay-at-home mama of a newborn and a young toddler. I am neither a professional who dresses the part, nor do I feel in any way attractive (or...