or Connect

Posts by Mamaluu

I'd like to get some recommendations on resources for parenting young toddlers.  I have a very bright 17-month old boy and I have been quite challenged in many areas with him - discipline, activities to keep him stimulated, his needs, teaching him, etc.    I also just had a newborn and I'm having a real hard time caring for both of them at the same time all by myself during the day while husband is gone.  The newborn is high need (needs holding and nursing all the...
I'm having a lot of trouble with my 15 month old who just started saying no and refusing to do things.  Every little thing through out the day is a big deal and a big fight for us (such as change diaper, eat, wash hands, insisting on having things he's not supposed to, going to sleep....).  If I were to ask I'd have too many questions about every single situation that happens through out the day. I'd like some good book recommendation on how to deal with this age (and...
  Thanks for the replies.  I agree with your last comment about the making sure that you don't get lost in the busy-ness of creating festivity and lose the original intent of having these traditions.  That's the kind of thing I can see happening to me - being too busy & stressed out about "getting ready" for the holiday and losing some enjoyment.   But what I'm doing now (which is basically nothing for holiday planning) is also not a good one!  After all, I'd like to...
Another question:  can someone recommend a detergent and a regular washing procedure for hard water areas please?  After I fix this detergent built up, smell, and rash problem I want to get on the right track with my regular washes so it doesn't happen again.
How and when?  I've tried adding a little bit of vinegar to the rinse cycles during my regular washes for a short period of time, but I still ended up with built up detergent.  And I just realized that some of the diapers says "no vinegar" on the tag.   By the way, the other problem I'm having at the same time is rashes at every wet diaper (which is something new now) - this is also likely caused by detergent built up (and built up from the wrong kind of detergent), isn't...
My diapers are smelling bad again and I know it's detergent built up. What's the best way to strip the diapers and get rid of built up detergent so they don't smell so bad?  (These are pocket diapers with PUL on the outside and fleece inside)   Nothing (stripping methods) that I've tried in the past felt like it made a big difference.  I'm very reluctant to apply heat (such as hot water) because I it seems to do a lot of damage to the elastic on these pocket diaper...
Many suggested to ask him what he wants. Every time I ask he always says nothing or just to have me and our baby.   But even though he says he wants nothing, he still really loves getting surprises and feeling special.  So somehow I do want to surprise him and make him feel real special.   The example mbhf gave about getting her husband a trash can is kind of similar to what I usually get him - just everyday things he already needs and was going to get anyways, like...
Tickets to events and concerts were great - before we had kids!  Now we don't ever go out because we have no one to watch the little one, and by the time of his birthday we'll also have a couple-week old newborn in our arms...  If not for the babies, I've planned 2-day weekend getaways before which were great.   As for Jewelry, that's what I mean - this man doesn't care for anything that is not daily essential type of practical. For example, he only needs and has a...
I'd like some ideas on making husband's birthday a very special day despite our very crazy life (at the time of his birthday we'll likely have a couple-week old newborn plus an active 15-month old).  Between now and then, I don't see myself doing much shopping or prep for his birthday because I'm getting ready for birth.  The initial postpartum days would be quiet tough too without anyone around to help.  What are some ideas to make him a special birthday?   Also,...
Thanks for the responses so far.  It's great to hear what others do. So how and when did these traditions become traditions usually?  Do they not become traditions until the kids are older or did you start since day one? Would love hearing more about what other families do and advice on starting our own traditions with young babies.