or Connect

Posts by Mamaluu

We're a young family just starting out (child #1 is 16-month old, #2 is due in Dec). Both mine and my husband's family live far away and we don't see them for years at a time.  Going through child-bearing years & baby stages all on our own with no family support is difficult.  Not having any family around during holidays and occasions make us feel even more lonely.  It's unfortunate that we don't have the extended family around, but while we're starting our own family,...
Thanks for the couple of suggestions so far. They sounds like great ideas. Besides assembling stuff with some of my own existing clothing like the couple of ideas given, if I wanted to buy a couple pieces of stylish & comfortable nursing outfit, where would you recommend I go?  What brand?  And what about lounge/sleepwear - where and what brand do you recommend?   I remember feeling so unattractive (and therefore altogether crappy) during the postpartum days when I...
I'm looking for a way (in terms of clothing) to nurse easily and comfortably during the cold winter months without having to lift my shirt/sweater up.  What do you recommend?   Are there some tops/sweaters out there that somehow allow breast access without lifting my shirt up?  Or does any of you wear or layer your clothes creatively to get that result? If there are some stylish sweaters like that please let me know.    I checked out some nursing tops (which are...
I've looked in stores and never found a book or calendar like the first year book or calenders where you can note/journal the milestones, little moments, etc about the baby. I'm trying to look online for a 2nd year book but I still have no luck. Any suggestions would be great. And if they just don't make 2nd year book or calendars, what have you personally done to keep journaling about all the little things your baby does, just like you did the first year?
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move I believe our attitudes towards the work part of having a family greatly influences our children's attitude towards work as they get older. Part of the reason that having big kids is easier than babies is because they do things like set the table, clear dishes, put laundry away, empty trash cans etc. I think it's wise to consider about how you want your kids to respond when you tell/remind them about these...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move I think your expectations for family life are completely and totally unrealistic. Rather than enjoying doing the work of building a life together and caring for your child, you want to sit around and *enjoy* the life and the baby. It doesn't work like that. You gotta have some moments when you sit down and enjoy all this (husband, baby, downtime together), don't you? I'm not looking to sit around...
Quote: Originally Posted by wake_up Wow, your DH works long hours. That limits your options a bit, as he's less available. So: You feel there's too much to get done yourself, you don't want DH to do it because you want to relax as a family when he's free, there's no extra money to hire someone to help, and it's too overwhelming to think about a system for becoming more efficient with housekeeping tasks. Ok... how about a time swap with a friend? If...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move When you DH bathes your child and puts him to bed, they are spending quality time together. If the three of you go out to run errands together, it can be quality time together. All this work, all this business of running a household and meeting every one's needs, is a chance to be together. I did think that when all of us go run errands together we'd be spending some time together. But after...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gucci&Granola As far as what a single human being is capable of on their own with two small children and an entire house to keep up I have the following feelings: you either need a husband/partner who is very available and helpful, or who has a job that pays enough that you can outsource some of the work. YES!!! I absolutely agree with what you said. You nailed it. It's either these two or something's gotta give,...
Yeah, I'm definitely very tired these days in my 3rd trimester. So the thought of streamlining my process so I can go quicker and do more in less time is entirely overwhelming to me. The thought of picking up my pace or getting my mind together to get more organized so I can be more efficient is a bit over the top of my head at the moment. What's dad/husband doing? He is gone to work 11 hours a day. He is only home for 1-2 hours of our son's waking time a day. When...