or Connect

Posts by Mamaluu

I guess my general question here is, where do I start? I'm getting overwhelmed just trying to read this forum and getting lost....then there are all these "February" threads that I don't know what they are....plus I only have a few minutes of internet/sitting down time in a day. I don't have all the time in the world to poke around on the internet and learn (like I normally would before I had a baby in my life). Where do I start here?
Thanks for all your responses. I'm totally new to the whole fertility topic and need a lot of help now that conceiving doesn't seem that easy. Just so you know how clueless I am about fertility concerns, my first and only baby was conceived at a blink of eye - first and only time I ever had unprotected sex. Never timed, never charted (don't even know what it is and how to)... So now I need a lot of help, I don't even know any of these acronyms used here - LP, OPK, NPC,...
6-7 months later (after delivery) my period finally came, and we are trying to have another baby. Even though my period has returned (and I'm still nursing now), I haven't been able to get pregnant; I wonder why. Is there anything special about conceiving while nursing that I should be working around? I heard that the cycles & ovulation timing could be all messed up when your period returns while nursing, which tells me that the traditional/theoretical ovulation days...
Thanks ladies, just reading your responses and imagining doing your little activities made me feel as if I was doing it and feeling good :-) Many of you said to get out - I agree. I think I go crazy and depressed when staying at home all day. And by the time husband comes home at night, he is all tired & drained from the long day too so that just makes me even crappier that he isn't bringing in any excitement either. Even though I know that getting out really...
I've read to use vinegar to balance out the pH if you do baking soda during the wash. Does everyone that use vinegar (in after-wash extra rinse, or in pre-wash rinse) also use baking soda? Or do some of you use vinegar but no baking soda?
My previous post talked about trying to manage as a SAHM. After that I decided to take time to take care of myself, do something that cheer me up, things that make me feel good and appreciate my life as a SAHM. What would that be? What do you do? What activities or little things do you have "integrated" into your SAHM life that makes you feel good & happy? (things that you can do with a baby). I took a moment for that today and I didn't know what I'd do to feel...
Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate them. Many of you suggested doing errands/calls/paperwork, etc in batches, and only once a week. I agree with that, otherwise it'd be too much stuff all the time (which is exactly how I feel now). I'm going to try and bundle everything up like that and do them once every few days or so. However, As Chicky2 suggested (when you commented on my list in detail), seems like everything I have there needs to be done only...
My Happy Heiny's one-size pocket diapers (fleece pocket & terry cloth inserts) are starting to stink. I got them 3 months ago. They stink when he pees and stinks when it's in the dryer, and when I get them out of the dryer. What can I do to fix it? What causes cloth diapers to stink? They didn't stink when they were brand new.
Does anyone has a comparison between Mei Tai and Ergo? I think I'm trying to decide between these two. Is Ergo really "ergonomic"? Can you breastfeed in Ergo? Does hip carrying hurt you? (cause poor posture, etc)
Hi, I just realized that I don't have a good carrier to actually have baby with me all the time and be able to do stuff easily and comfortably. I have the Baby Bjorn and my 5 month old (23 lb, body looks 1/3 my size, bigger/longer than my whole upper body) is in the way of me trying to do anything, plus I can't bare the heavy weight for long. I've hear the Baby Bjorn really isn't a good one for serious baby wearing. I got suggested Ergo, Maya, Mei Tai, etc. What do...