or Connect

Posts by Mama Soltera

Aren't there common complications with this surgery? And can't they just come right back? Maybe the person I know who had the surgery had a much worse case than me but they were in severe pain and immobile for days and then they came back anyway. 
...among other things. And I'm not talking about stretch marks. I'm talking about a (yes, I'll just say it) hemorrhoid that never went away after the last pregnancy. I'm very embarrassed and self-conscious about it and I'm wondering how the rest of you single and dating moms deal with things like this? I would love your thoughts. And I am specifically talking about single mothers. I know it's not really an issue when you're partnered with the man you had the pregnancy...
I am considering leaving my dog in a kennel for the holiday. I have never done this before. The place seems nice and they get lots of outdoor play during the day, but the kennels are outside and it seems like he could get cold and lonely out there. He's used to sleeping right next to us in a warm bedroom. 
I was high risk and birthed at home. I just found a midwife who was knowledgeable about my conditions. If you find a midwife who seems fearful about your conditions then I wouldn't go with her. There are definitely some issues where the hospital is the best choice, but yours does not sound like one. I had smooth, wonderful births with healthy, happy babies. The high risk was surrounding my pregnancy, not my deliveries. At least talk to a very seasoned homebirth midwife...
I strongly agree with not answering your door while laboring (and having a door monitor just to be safe), but I strongly disagree that you should advertise a birth is taking place. For me, I loved advertising my homebirths AFTER they were done. But before (and maybe this sounds hokey) I only wanted people knowing about it who would be completely supportive and positive about it. I felt like I really didn't need anyone's negative vibes or fears as part of my birth. I...
I would say though that sometimes relaxation music can really help drown it out. I did have on relaxation music for one of them in the middle of the night (because I wanted it) but it must've helped to drown that noise out. Trust me, I get LOUD and no one heard a peep (except the people in my bedroom, of course). :)
Yes, in two different condos (not the same birth, of course! lol). Honestly, my homebirths were the best thing I ever did. They felt on a whole new realm than a hospital birth. I actually had a neighbor who was a nurse who found out about it and was very unsupportive. I just never let her know when it was actually happening. Actually, both places no one knew I had given birth until a couple days later and they were very surprised. And I did have a couple of people there...
  I think there are lots of healthier meat and dairy choices these days to where this doesn't have to be too big of an issue. I think people focus so much on this they forget about things like soy, which really does affect the hormones. I have known many women (including myself) who suffered major hormone issues and consequences from soy products. I worry the most about formula, both dairy and soy based. When that is all an infant is consuming and it's usually all through...
I strongly agree. If he is still sending texts and messages like that you need to be better protected. It needs to be specific. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.
Wow. I stayed far, far too long also. I know the longer I stayed, the worse it got, but it also got that much harder to get out of it. I can't even imagine how it might have been after 22 years. Good for you for knowing you still had a chance.