or Connect

Posts by Mama Soltera

They were doing beautifully then suddenly the spinache leaves are turning white and drying up and the pea-stalks are doing the same thing. What is going on? Is it to late to save them? Please help!
Thank you! These recommendations are so helpful. He has read the Potter, Ink, and Narnia, but everything else will be new. I'll let you all know what he thinks of them.
I have thought of feeding him in the morning after exercising (instead of at night). Do you think that would help? It's so hard to find time to do in the morning; that's what's kept me from doing it before.
Thank you for all the commisseration. It's good to know I'm not alone. I just get so mad that he can get away with never paying any child support too. I don't see how that's legal. I have a case opened against him for it but they don't do anything about it. He knows how to work the system, I guess. And I do empathize with moms who have help and support and breaks, it's just that sometimes I'm so frustrated and I feel like no one realizes what it's really like for me. But...
I guess the title says it all. The 12 year old is a boy. No dad in the picture (but does have male role models). I definitely do the mother and father thing and hold the line but -- I'm looking for some fresh ideas for how to deal with all of this. He's an angel for everyone else of course but I feel like this disrespect and attitude (actually yelling at me and *always* having that "tone") is only going to get worse. I need creative and productive ways of dealing with...
Sometimes I just feel so burnt out and resentful about being a single parent. Not resentful towards my kids, but towards other mothers who have help and support and a partner always there with and for them, helping around the house or with the kids -- just someone to hang out with every night after a long day. I know all the partnered moms say they don't really get much help and they might as well be a single mom, but I have been a partnered mom too and, while I know what...
Thank you for the recommendations! I will get a hold of those for him. He's an avid reader, so please keep the suggestions coming.
Hi. Thanks for responding. I really don't think it's his diet because he has the exact same poop habits as when he was 100% raw, and I am feeding him a diet with no bi-products or anything like that. I also should've clarified that I go in the morning and we go five miles, so he is doing all his pooping for the whole day because of the stimulation from the exercise moving his bowels. He only poops in the yard on days when I haven't been able to walk him. I have...
Thank you for your reply. I had heard that marigolds put off a scent that repells bugs (but attracts slugs). Well, they are beautiful; I just wish the bugs would let them grow before snacking on them! And my plants have holes. I will look for those natural repellents you mentioned. Thanks for the tip! As far as watering goes, I've always been told that too much watering leads to a big plant but not much vegetable production. So, I only water as much as I need. I...
They just keep eating it, flowers (even the marigolds that are supposed to keep them away) and vegetables alike. Help!