or Connect

Posts by Mama Soltera

Are you talking about year round schools? I know for me high school was 7:45-2:45. For my son it is 8-3. It does seem a bit much to me. There are no minimum days at all.
Welcome. :hugs I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. It sounds like you have a great support system with your parents though. Don't be shy to tell people what you need and exactly what is going on. You're right to not trust him. Don't be surprised if he starts pulling all kinds of crap. I'm glad you'll be speaking  to a lawyer. Educate yourself as much as you can and stay strong. It sounds like things will be much better without him. But it's not going to be easy at...
Here it is from the book:   "His face, pale as the oranges were in that light, looked out of the branches, all its swarthiness drained away. It was a wan face hanging in the tree, its melancholy expression quite impersonal and  undemanding, like you might see on the face of a devout but proud apostle in a church window. Then it was gone, taking the breath out of her body, as she knew too late."    As accomplished a writer as she is, there is no way she was...
I loved the creepy/suspense aspect. I was very worried that she and the daughter were never leaving that shelter. I did feel like maybe I wanted a little more at the end (not meaning it felt incomplete or confusing). I just would have liked to know more about what exactly happened and if/how they survived it and who else did.    I thought it was a very emotional movie for sure. And I was thinking about it for hours after it ended. Thanks for your reply. :)
Well, yes I got all that and that ending (regarding the Franciscan) is what I wanted to believe. I don't have the book with me but yes, first she says he's standing behind the tree. But then she describes him in a very dead and strange way (maybe I'll be able to come back and actually quote this part). His face is pale, lifeless, emotionless, like a picture of an apostle or saint in a church (always dead!), etc. and then suddenly she "realizes too late." What? She feels...
I guess it depends on the kid and what they're pulling. lol ;)   I just wanted to add that I do think it's important that teens learn to value and nurture themselves and that it's just as important that they learn empathy and to work together and that the world does not revolve around them.
Would anyone like to discuss this movie?   I really liked it. I thought the acting of both the main characters was amazing and the story was truly unique. I still found myself surprised at the end and it was very thought provoking. I'd like to hear some other reactions and especially thoughts about the ending.  
Meemee, I hear you, and I know people say it can be a problem when you're too picky, but there needs to be a spark, some common ground, some attraction. If there's nothing there, there's nothing there.   Honestly, lately I am much more at peace with being single right now. Being intimate with myself (who I've been intimate with my whole life) is really not cutting it, but I think something unsatisfying or negative would not be worth it. I'm willing to hold out for...
I hate to say this but there are just too many red flags in his behavior. He is not treating you or your little ones like human beings. You both deserve better. Don't be surprised if he suddenly wants to go to individual counseling and promises to change if/when you say you're leaving him (by that I mean permanently, legal divorce). I know when you're in something you're so used to it it's hard to see just how bad it is from an outside perspective. I am telling you, this...
I would say your taste and your instincts are clearly spot on. Who would ever want to be with a man who would do something like that? That said, maybe there's a nicer way to say it that wouldn't put them so much on the defense? It's a thin line and it can be hard to find the balance between being so nice about it (which in their mind means "yes" or "probably") and being rude. I try to be firm but kind and find the happy medium. Maybe you can experiment with that a...