or Connect

Posts by Nicole Starr

28 days and baby girl is 10 lbs. I feel like super mom. We're doing great! How is everyone else?
Quote: Originally Posted by rlandnl I am startign to wonder if I should pump too, she's nursing every 2-3 hours max, sometimes more, and I am still leaking through breast pads doubled up in an hour or less. I have to put a doubled prefold over the breast she's not drinking from while she's nursing. My breast pads are 1 layer of fleece 2 layers of flannel, and wearing 2 of them in each bra cup isnt' enough my shirts are still soaked... pumping would...
I've heard itching is normal and means it's healing. Hopefully someone can give you a definite answer. Have you asked your doctor?
Going pretty well here! Started off with some issues because we were both getting used to it- and I have flat nipples. But other than that, things pretty much evened out. She chokes because I have a strong let down and my right nipple is seriously sore, but I think it's getting better. We have a ton of wet/dirty diapers, so I think I'm doing okay.
Stump fell off today! Cue cute onsie outfits with matching bows. I'm so excited. Have discovered the wonders of those little gownie outfits. I'm in love with them. On a more vent-ful tone, we put her down for a nap in her crib yesterday. Her crib is in a room that connects to the master bedroom. Well when I went to wake her up to nurse, I noticed her ENTIRE back was wet. She'd been sweating right through her clothes. First parenting mistake we made. Although I have to...
6 days pp here and feeling wonderful. Afton is a wonderful baby, seriously, I'm so surprised. By the reactions of my friends who just had children, I expected a terror. She sleeps wonderfully, eats, and only fusses when I take to long to get her to the boob or when we change her. She already has some moderate control of her head! This really surprised me, but she can lift it with minimal wobble turn and look around. I'm enjoying the heck out of her. It's been so much...
The Birth of an Evening Star Afton Reanne Evangeline Blanchard August 17th 2010, 5:15 p.m. 8lbs 9oz, 21 inches 40 weeks 4 days -Unbeknownst to me, labor began on August 17th at 6:30 a.m. I woke up to call in to work to tell them that I wasn’t going to be coming back because I scheduled an induction for August 20th, so there was no point in me working three days and being miserable. After hanging up the phone, I experienced what I thought was a cramp or a Braxton Hicks...
Quote: Originally Posted by stellarmomof3 Congrats!! Glad to hear that you had your baby. I am still waiting lol. Did you naturally induce? My midwife won't do anyting till I am 41.5weeks. We stripped membranes the day before, if that's what caused it.
Born August 17th, 2010 @ 5:12 p.m. 8lbs 9 oz, 21 inches long. Full head of blonde hair. I got my natural delivery! It was wonderful, only 11 hours total. Birth story and pics to come!
Quote: Originally Posted by beltane a friend posted this on my fb page the other day.... http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ it made me laugh. that is awesome!