or Connect

Posts by Mawood

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It is so interesting that you all had the chance to compare within your family. It sounds like such an easy thing to do. I don't know why I have such a hard time with it. Maybe because my son is still gaining weight and looks so healthy. I guess I am afraid that something could go wrong and it wouldn't make a change or worse it would lead to complications like infection or so... sigh, but also, I am very underslept and...
Hi Mamas- I have a happy, chunky 7 week old baby boy. We are having some trouble breast feeding but he is gaining very well (13,5 lbs at 6 1/2 weeks). We saw an LC last week because DH is taking in a lot of air while nursing and has problems to latch on while I have a huge supply and a forceful let down from nursing a toddler all through pregnancy. The LC suspects a posterior tongue tie and sees a lip tie which is pretty obvious and runs in my family (the lip tie). My...
Hi Mamas- I have a happy chunky 7 week old baby boy. We are having some trouble breast feeding but he is gaining very well (13,5 lbs at 6 1/2 weeks). We saw an LC last week because DH is taking in a lot of air while nursing and has problems to latch on while I have a huge supply and a forceful let down from nursing a toddler all through pregnancy. The LC suspects a posterior tongue tie and sees a lip tie which is pretty obvious and runs in my family (the lip tie).  I...
Thanks so much for your thoughts. It sounds like a good idea to maybe just continue the one nursing like we do now if she wouldn't get hooked for more. I had just talked to a Mom who did tandem nurse and said her toddler nursed like baby again once she had milk again. And she said it was hard with the engorgement but also the flow of milk was to fast or hard for the newborn. That kind of got me worried about how I would handle it. I don't know I feel like I am so focused...
Hello mamas I was wondering if anyone had experience with tandem nursing or how to avoid it. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and while I always thought I would go for the tandem nursing I now feel like I might not be up for it. My daughter is 2;4 years old and has weaned herself to maybe one short suckling per day - sometimes she doesn't ask for it. I stopped having milk very early in pregnancy and I don't think I have colostrum yet. We don't have any family close by...
Hi - I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and have had some tooth problems since Christmas. I had it checked out and even saw an endodontist who said that at the time it didn't test for a root canal where my dentist had suggested one. We decided to observe it. However the sensitivity pain picked up last week and I saw my dentist yesterday who sends me back to the endodontist. I have an appointment next week when I am 31 weeks. My dentist said he wouldn't recommend the...
@joycnm: Yes, I did get some attitude when I arrived at the hospital last time. I was already completely dilated and almost ready to push. I was actually surprised when they checked my dilation but my doula said she thought she had heard me bearing down my daughter. So the LDR nurses seemed annoyed with me and the doula. She had to sign a paper that she wouldn't interfere with the birth or she could have been sent out. My doula said she had never had to sign a paper like...
Thank you so much for all your responses. It has been great support. Thanks a lot Cristeen for your clarification of the terms and laws. This has helped me a lot to understand the doula's and midwife's thinking and is a great relieve to know. I feel much more comfortable now!!! Wow, so the Californian laws make it impossible for OBs to work with midwifes and learn from each other. It seems like it is going that direction with home births in Germany as well (like it is...
Thanks LindyGirl. Is that a common practice that you just have the local hospital as the back up? Our nearest hospital unfortunately is very "unnatural" and high interventive. I had my daughter there and even my OB says now that he doesn't recommend it for natural/unmedicated births. He also delivers in a hospital in the next town and that is suppose to be way more Mommy and Baby friendlier and is where I would deliver with him now. I can only imagine how they would...
Thanks for your feed back. My MW said exactly what you all said. In a true emergency we would transfer to the nearest hospital and for other transfers she recommended I use my OB and the hospital which is already approved to save us the money for her back up who only takes PPO. My concern is that my OB who I would visit parallel for pre natal check ups so he still thinks of me as his patient did tell me he does not back up home births. If we mutually decide me or the...