or Connect

Posts by mamacolleen

Hi mamas!   Although our current family doc is wonderful in many ways (supportive of extended breastfeeding and safe co-sleeping), I am considering seeking out another one for our 4 year old DD and nearly 1 year old twin boys. Our current doc has been a bit dismissive of our concerns around our one son's feeding difficulties that we think are related to his tongue/lip tie and hasn't been particularly proactive in seeking out answers for why he has been so...
Has her doctor had her checked for diabetes? Sudden onset of frequent incontinence at this age is a big sign of type 1 diabetes, which can be diagnosed with a simple blood test. I would take her back to GP and request a diabetes test asap. Good luck!
Thanks for the thoughts/suggestions everyone.   To answer some of your questions, she is a highly articulate and verbal child, almost precociously so. We frequently attempt to validate her emotions but don't always. She is actually pretty good about naming her emotions and we talk a lot about how sometimes people get lots of "bubbles" inside them which makes it hard to listen, control impulses, etc. Her brothers do hurt her at times (pull her hair, grab her nose, etc)...
We have a spirited 4 year old girl and 9 month old twin boys. DD is fairly well adjusted, as well as can be expected, but she is still doing things to them on a daily basis that either hurt them or have the potential to hurt them (hitting, pinching, squeezing, kicking, etc). Nothing we are doing seems to be helping and we are at a loss to help her grow out of this phase.   Our current strategy is to immediately remove her for a chill out time. We do so without raising...
DD is almost 4 and a passionate, sensitive, strong willed sweetheart. Her memory astounds me. She has an incredible imagination and a deep sense of fairness. Her laugh is infectious. She is so observant. She challenges me every day to be a better person. I also have 3.5 month twin boys. A is a cuddly bear who knows how to get his needs met. He loves playing "airplane" and seeing him cuddled up with his stuffed bunny makes my heart melt. He is such a 'new soul', the world...
4 pregnancies, 3 living children (singleton and twins), 2 miscarriages. I've only ever been pregnant by ivf.
Subbing because this sounds EXACTLY like my 3.5 year old daughter and I find it so frustrating!!
Our  twins are 5 weeks old. They slept a LOT in the first couple weeks and now that they are awake a bit more, there are a lot more tears.... nothing like when my older DD was a newborn and cried for hours everyday... but more tears than I can reasonably respond to in the way that I could with DD. I hear some variation of the phrase "tolerate some crying" a lot when other parents of multiples talk about the infant stage and I'm wondering what this means... Is  there a...
I just wanted to add to colsxjack post..... he summed up our days really well but there are a couple of things I wanted to add. One, we have a ton of help. We live with a very close friend who has taken over most of the housework. I'm still able to do a little laundry some days and most evenings can get a quick surface tidy in... but that's about it. Colsxjack does all the dinner prep/cooking.... with the help of my mum, we put up about a month's worth of freezer meals...
It looks great. Thanks for posting, as it's a good reminder to me of the few things I haven't yet discussed with my midwife or OB.   One thing I didn't notice (and I'm not sure if you're doing this or not) is anything about taking the placenta(s) home with you. If that's something you're planning to do, you may want to mention it ahead of time. I know at our hospital with DD, we had to sign some consent form so they would release it to us. Just a thought...