or Connect

Posts by mamacolleen

We didn't buy a crib when I was pregnant. We bought an arms reach, which DD slept in until she grew out of it. She spent at least part of every night in it and the rest beside me or on me. Once she grew out of the arms reach we did buy a crib with the intention of side-carring it, which we still do at 29 months. She usually sleeps right beside me in the bed anyway but I do find it's nice to have somewhere to shift her over to when I need a little more space.   I...
We aim to be upstairs having the last nursing session at around 8:30 and ideally she's asleep at 9pm. She does still sometimes sleep fight but I think that's more related to her tempermanent and the fact that she's always seemed to need a little less sleep even as a baby. The odd day where she misses her nap alltogether she will go to sleep a little earlier and much easier. I just know that neither of us are at the stage where that should become an everyday...
I think you probably have two options: 1) wake him up a little earlier from his nap or 2) push his bedtime a little later   I think as toddlers grow their sleep needs change with them. DD (29 months) still naps (generally from about 1-3pm) and has a later bedtime than she did a few months ago. I have found that she usually needs about 5 1/2 - 6 hours wake time before she gets really sleepy again. So she sleeps 10 hours at night and 2 in the day and that seems to be...
So far today I've accomplished:   Dropped off a completed form at HR that I've been carrying around for weeks Went to the bank and took out our weekly money Bought a few stocking stuffers Picked up a prescription Wrote the grocery list Gave our sitter my schedule for December   On the agenda for this afternoon: Grocery shopping for the week Making dinner Maybe throwing in a load of laundry Going to bed early since I'm working all weekend
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story.
No time now to share in detail but thank you so much for opening this space. I really need it. Short story for me is that I was induced at 42 weeks, laboured for 50 hours, stalled at about 6cm for the last 10 hours or so, maxed out on pitocin, and finally consented to a section. It wasn't an emergency in that I had to wait a couple hours after the consents were signed. Physical recovery wasn't that bad for me but I was an emotional wreck for months after and, like you...
Kitchensqueen - it's tuition for grad school I'm currently in (2 more semesters!), which I have to pay upfront and then get reimbursed from the hospital. We still owe a significant amount on DH's student loan :( but all in good time it will be paid for! Congrats on the LO as well! Travelling with a new baby is a job in and of itself! Have fun!   So far today I've accomplished: being late for work (eep!) taking the only set of car keys with me to work, leaving DH...
This is a great thread!   So far today I:   folded 2 loads of laundry took DD to her gymnastics class broke the zipper on DD's winter coat made phone call to friend to make dinner plans for next week swept the mudroom moved all the boxed up food and small appliances back into our pantry after several months of it being out of service checked work emails did the breakfast and lunch dishes played dress up dolls and beading with DD renewed our...
Looking for recommendations for a chiropractor in Toronto who specializes in infertility, pregnancy and children's care. I've seen chiropractors in the past but am looking particularly for one that really knows what s/he is doing in terms of reproductive health. On a long road TTC#2 and am thinking this is a route I want to explore to help.   Ideally located on a subway line or in the west end of the city.   Thanks!