or Connect

Posts by mamacolleen

Just wondering if anyone here has been told they have "glandular developmental arrest" and has any stories to share about treatment, success, etc. My RE did an endometrial biopsy in Sept (the sample was sent to the Yale lab for analysis) and this past monday I got the results that I have glandular developmental arrest in my lining, meaning that my lining is not responding to progesterone appropriately and so doesn't have the right proteins to support proper implantation....
Our DD just turned 2 in July. We got her big wooden beads that come with shoelace strings. She loves them and it has been helping build fine motor skills. We also go her a magnetic board and magnetic alphabets that she loves. She is into fridge magnets, She is getting more and more into her wooden blocks.
Totally agree with everyone else to avoid saying anything about the gifts on the invitations. People generally like giving gifts, they like seeing the kid open up the gift to see what's inside. As for whether you should open them up in front of everyone at the party or not, I don't think it matters so much for a 1 year old but I do think as the kid gets older opening up a gift while the person who gave it to them is still there is really important. It connects the...
Hoping to join! I've been following your summer thread for a while now and you all seem like a such lovely warm supportive group. I think I need this now. I had joined a similar group while going through IVF for my DD and some of the women I'm still in touch with. So I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we go through this rollercoaster ride together.   My story is that we spent a year in IF treatments for DD, who was finally conceived on the first FET...
Hi there. I'm an RN and work shiftwork as well so I understand first-hand at lot of your fears. I went back to work when DD was 10months old and at that time she still nursed to sleep for me as well. I am also completely against CIO and we still (now at 26 months) co-sleep. So it does work!   How old is your LO?   I know childcare is hard to find when your shifts are different each week, but I would have little alarm bells going off if my childcare provider asked...
We were married 5 years ago (anniversary this friday!!) and spent maybe only a couple hundred dollars. A little more for the honeymoon.   We had about 50 guests. A justice of the peace married us at my grandparents house. They have a beautiful house with a huge yard and deck. The ceremony was on their deck. Flowers were potted red geraniums that my grandmother cultivated through the summer. A couple of cousins and my aunt and uncle played the music for our ceremony....
These are hilarious!   We were eating in a restaurant when DD was about 20 months when I happened to look under her highchair and comment on the mess of dropped food that was there. She looked down at it and then said, totally nonchalantly, "the birds will eat it".   At around the same age, some way too early morning, DH and I were still in bed trying to ignore the fact that DD was wandering around the bedroom fully awake when we distinctly heard her say "f*cking...
DD cannot eat dairy or anything with citric acid in it (this includes tomatoes, berries, citrus and nearly every processed food out there). We're kind of in a rut in terms of dinners and I'd love if anyone here has any ideas/recipes for dinners that don't have these foods in them. Bonus if they are easy, quick and meatless (we eat meat but are trying to save money). Extra bonus if they are wheat-free as I think we're going to be heading down that road as soon as I can...
DD (2yo) is barefoot a fair bit. We're always barefoot in the house (if it's winter we often wear slippers) and she's been showing a preference for being barefoot out of the house as well. The only places I insist are in stores, restaurants, etc because it's their rules not mine and our backyard because after a year of ongoing renovations and still in the middle of them, I know there's a high likelihood of nails, etc back there. But outside anywhere else is fair game....
DD is 2 and for a long time now her nap routine has been sit in the rocking chair cuddling, listening to the same CD of celtic lullabies, in a darkened room until she is in a deep sleep and then transfer to the crib. I keep trying to transition to just lieing beside me in bed, which we do at bedtime, but she is just not tired enough to fall asleep that way in the middle of the day. Some days the nap routine is 10 minutes and sometimes 30. I need to catch her before she's...