or Connect

Posts by 3boobykins

An update on us:   Our kids never went back to school after their fall break!  We are UNSCHOOLERS now, and loving it!  
Hmmm...how to not write a short novel?     I became fascinated with unschooling when our first ds (now 11) was a baby.  I read lots of John Holt, fell in love with everything about it.  FForward to age 5, long story short--we ended up sending ds to a charter Waldorf school for Kindergarten.  By this time we also had a 2.5 yr. old and 1 yr. old dd.  DS was okay with school.  He loved it at first, but then got bored with the repetition (don't even get me started on...
Thank you both.  I am considering giving my midwife a call about this.  I don't have an O.B, or insurance, so I hope she can give me some help or advice.
Thanks, Gozal.  I'm sorry for you loss, and that it ended up being long and drawn out.   I've haven't had any betas done, but going by hpts and symptoms things still look good.  I tested at 14 dpo and the line came up as the pee crossed it and was nearly as dark as the control within about 10 minutes.  I tested today at 16 dpo (day AF would be due), and again, came up as the pee crossed and it's darker than the control line.  Because I never tested after 13 dpo with...
Thank you for the reply, xekomaya I haven't had progesterone tested, but I've read a fair amount about it, and it seems that there is really no solid evidence that progesterone supplementation improves outcomes, but rather only prolongs a pg. that would have ended in m/c anyway.  It makes sense to me that the low progesterone in the case of a m/c is the result of an non-viable pregnancy, rather than the cause of a m/c.   When it does "work," it's because it would have...
  I just turned 40 in June.  Long story as short as possible:  After an 8 week loss about 2 years ago, we decided to TTC #4, beginning in January of 2010.  Over the course of 10 cycles, I had 5 chemical pregnancies.  The first one started with a faint line at 10 dpo that got darker the next day and then started to fade until I started bleeding on the day AF was due.  The next, I had lines at 9 and 10 dpo, then nothing,  bleeding at time of AF.  Next three were different...
CUTE sweater, very nice work, and your dog is adorable! 
Apologies for my late reply to your kind replies.  Life has been crazy around here, to say the least.   After much deliberation and soul-searching, we have decided to stay where we are for the time being.  We thought about how much school is a part of our kids' lives and our lives, as well as family (most of our family is within 1.5 hours of us), and we realized that these things matter a whole lot, enough to stay despite what we don't like about the are in which we...
We are considering a move to Durango, CO, probably some time in the next 6 months, once we get our house on the market and sell it. Home sales are doing very well here, so we believe we can sell quickl.   We have a business that allows us to live almost anywhere, so work is not an issue.  My biggest concern with the move is schools.  Our kids are going into 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grades this year.  We live in the mountains of North Central AZ, and they attend a charter school...
Another chemical for me, and I'm actually doing fine, surprisingly.  I hardly cried and didn't feel much sadness--my symptoms started to fade from about 15 dpo.  I somehow knew that this wasn't meant to be.  But I wish all of you healthy and happy pregnancies!