or Connect

Posts by Dese

I only had minor tears/abrasions both times and no stitches but I just wanted to second the experience of MommatoAandA. I had the terrible ring of fire first time and was most scared about that going into the second birth. This time I pushed once and her head was out, then another push and I was done! Completely skipped the ring of fire part. All that worrying for nothing.
I keep her wooden blocks, her Mr Potato head and her foam numbers/letters in three seperate photo boxes. They are the perfect size and so easy to clean up the toys into. I have a big rubbermaid for all her stuffed toys but am hoping to cut back on how many she has. She also has a little bookcase in her bedroom. The photo boxes have really been a life saver. Before EVERYTHING was in one big plastic container and it was such a huge frustration.
Now that I've had my second baby a few days ago I can tell you what I did this time around! I only had the one internal right near the end to determine where exactly I was at because we didn't have the back-up midwife with us yet. My midwife needed to know when to call and make sure we had someone so she didn't have to call 911. I waited until a contraction passed and then lay on the bed. My doula sat next to me on the bed, my hubby stood next to me, both held my hands and...
I have never actually introduced myself here but I was posting a bit the last couple of weeks. I was 8 days overdue but my water broke and baby is finally here! 10 hours of labour exactly the same as first time around, with 6 hours active. My main midwife ended up being one of the back-ups, but I was thrilled as I didn't get to have her last time around and I love her. Also had my Doula, and right at the end a back-up midwife I hadn't met before and my chiropractor... and...
Lauren, I could have written your post word for word! I have about an hours worth of contractions every evening. Every morning my husband asks if today is the day and if I'm in labour yet, and says he can't focus on work until I have the baby. Pressure much!!! Every night when I get the contractions he asks if this is it... if I knew I'd tell him! It's hard not to get your hopes up. At this point I'm just trying to breath through it and accept the contractions whether or...
I'm planning on taking it very easy. I had a rough first 6 weeks with my daughter, and this time around I'll have the newborn and two year old, so the housework will go on the back burner and everything except for sleep can wait!
Anyone more overdue than me? I went to the hospital today for a fetal assessment, thankfully everything looks great so no pressure to induce yet. I'm 41 weeks today by my dates, 41+2 by my first ultrasound. The baby is measuring small (just over 38 weeks), which I've been saying all along but I am sure of my dates because I was charting to conceive. The good news is that last night I started losing my plug and have been losing it all day today. Last pregnancy I had my...
I have heard of people renting an apartment just for the bith for the month or two around their duedate, or if you have a close friend who would be willing to let you use their house. Those are some options.
I'll be a week overdue tomorrow by my dates, 9 days by my first ultrasound date. I'm going in to the hospital for a fetal assessment to check the baby out, hopefully everything is still working properly. I'm a little bit worried about it, but will keep my fingers crossed. I had a stretch and sweep yesterday and contractions after that, but I have contractions every day that haven't gone anywhere so far. My doula came over this afternoon for a couple of hours and let me...
I'm about to leave to go see my back-up midwife for a stretch and sweep. I'm 1 week overdue today by my ultrasound date. Both DH and I are well and truly ready to have this baby out! I hope it gets something going, but I guess we'll see. All the phone calls have started, and add to that my Mum just had to go back to hospital (and she's in Australia, I'm in Canada). I'm just stressed.