or Connect

Posts by Marissamom

usually you don't have to. you schedule an interview, and there's no commitment, they know that you're shopping around at that point. and then when you've decided you call the one you've decided on and schedule an appointment with them. 
just know that no heartbeat at 6 weeks is actually kind of common, and why a lot of people wait until 8 weeks to do an ultrasound. there's a good chance that you still have a viable pregnancy. 
and that's why my midwife tells clients to try and take an afternoon nap during the third trimester. not that I ever managed to do that. 
oh, and I lost weight quicker nursing one then I did nursing two. I just had to eat a ton and drink a ton of water. 
my first two are 22 months apart, and I tandem nursed for 10.5 months. weaned DD, then later that month got pregnant with this little bean. I plan on nursing through pregnancy and tandem nursing again. so far my supply has decreased a little, but not so much that DS isn't wanting to nurse hourly. I'm only really minding the nipple pain at night, but he's had a cold and his latch has been sloppy at night, so I think once he doesn't have a stuffy nose it will be a lot...
with my second I just wasn't stopping bleeding, slow hemorrhage, my MW had me sit on the toilette, pee, and she pushed on my fundus, and I passes a fist-sized clot that had been keeping my uterus from contracting fully. but she only needed to do it once, and all was well. if they're doing it again and again then either they're doing too much, or your uterus isn't contracting like it should be. 
preventing fatigue during labor: exercise during pregnancy, especially endurance training like walking or swimming, get plenty of rest as you approach your due-date, eat and drink during labor, sleep during early labor if you can, conserve energy between contractions. 
the standard first tri test isn't going to test for what you're worried about. there they're mostly looking for Down Syndrome and spinabifida, and the false positive rate is huge. you'll want to get hubby the specific blood test and go from there (cause if he's not a carrier there isn't a point in further testing). and yes, the odds of you both being carriers for something like that are really low, especially if you're different races. 
I think for all the genetic diseases that would fit that description the easiest way to see would be to have your hubby tested to see if he's a carrier. if he is, then they would also test you to see if you're a carrier, for the baby to have it you would both need to be carriers and and the baby would have to inherit it from both of you. if you're wanting to do that you probably want to talk to a genetic counselor who is trained specifically in helping you determine if...
spinning babies and a chiropractor who does Webster. really helped when DS was spending all his time posterior.