or Connect

Posts by MamaE

Thanks for the stories, everyone. It is so nice to hear that you all are able to laugh after the fact. I've been smiling my first smiles at her new haircut. It's really not all that bad - it just looks like someone did a bad job cutting in bangs. I've started to neaten it up, but she's "owning" her haircut and not wanting me to touch it. She was/is seriously proud! She came to me that day and was just beaming. "Look, mama, I cut my hair!" I wanted to cry - I know...
Thanks, Maria. Too funny. I agree about the layered cut looking more mature than I'd like. I'm afraid that's what we're going to end up with when I try to even things out a bit. Oh, well. I'm recovering. And, yes, the scissors are up and DH has been informed of the scissor rule!
Quote: Originally Posted by katallen If you really need compliments from other people maybe you should talk to your husband about giving you more spontaneous compliments or get involved with some volunteer work so you can get that extra pat on the back. Children grow up to be independent and do their own thing so it is not going to give you the fulfillment you are looking for to recieve all your compliments for how you dress her and style her. How...
Thanks everyone. You've got me laughing with your stories. I woke up today to survey the damage (you can always tell a good haircut by how it shakes out in the morning) and really, it's not so bad. It looks sort of like someone was trying to give her bangs and just didn't do the neatest job. I may try to neaten it up myself, but a few friends saw her today and weren't too aghast. I may just let it go. It'll make a funny story, right? I'm not even mad at my DH...
Thanks everyone. I know that DD still needs me at night. I just think we had a bad night last night (after a long, busy weekend). I can't quite envision how this lying down business is going to work once the baby comes, but things seem to work themselves out somehow I guess. Like I said, I have no problem (and even enjoy it) when she settles down to sleep quickly, but when she squirms and chatters and fights it (esp. when I'd rather be watching Survivor!), that makes...
My 4 yo cut her own hair today and I am so sad about it. I should be laughing, right? Instead, I'm pregnant and hormonal and all I can think about is the fact that when the baby comes (~2 weeks), she will be featured heavily in family photos with a very bad hack job on her hair. Waaahhhh!!! She had the *cutest* chin-length bob going on (which I did myself b/c she refused the salon) and I used to get tons of compliments on her hair. Now, there isn't much to be...
Maybe I've just had a bad night, but I don't know how much longer I can take lying with my 4 yo until she falls asleep. On the nights when she falls asleep quickly, I'm fine, but when it takes her an hour to settle down - forget it! It makes me crazy (and resentful and angry). I'm not even sure what I want to hear. Anyone BTDT or still doing it? Any ideas about how to transition away from it? Should I just get over it and know that this too shall pass? I'm...
This is the policy in our state (IL): Children who are five years of age by and including September 1 will be admitted to kindergarten. Four-yearold children whose birthdays fall between September 2 and December 1 who meet established district criteria may also be admitted to kindergarten through the early admission procedure. Evaluations must be completed and submitted to the Curriculum Office by the last day of April of the preceding school year. This...
We've got the fear here too. As long as I put my hand over the sensor, DD is fine, but man, why are those things so darned unpredictable?? I'm sure every woman on the planet has been standing over one in midstream when it goes off and splashes all over the place. :
Told I was having a 7.5 pounder and had a 9 lb 1 ozer. Docs have no clue, utlrasounds are inaccurate, and bellies lie! Mother's intuition is best. I thought I was cooking a big one and I was!