or Connect

Posts by MamaE

Hi all! I'm still hanging around. I did well over Thanksgiving - I wasn't totally ETL, but I did avoid binging - until I was at my MILs over the weekend, that is. Would you believe her belated Thanksgiving did not involve a single green or even fresh veggie? Not so much as a stick of celery graced that table. It was tough on me and managed to derail me for a couple of days. I'm ashamed to admit that I've been really angry at my MIL for serving such crap, but you know...
Hello ladies! It's good to be back on track. I feel so much better, more energy, clearer head, etc.. MidwestMom, how tragic about your cousin. At only 28 too! I guess I don't know much about pancreatitis. I didn't realize it could strike so young. Alex, as always, you rock with the exercise. You inspire me! I didn't do much last week but I want to get back to it this week. Yesterday I swam half a mile and then went to my regular Tuesday night yoga...
Hey! Found you guys. Good idea to start a November thread (before we hit December, right?) Getting back on track here... More later as little guy needs me now.
Ack! Doing my best to get back on track today after a long weekend off track that started with book club Friday... Darn book club anyway! Why does it have to be so much fun and why does the food have to be so good? I did notice how I felt this weekend and it wasn't good. I literally had stomach pain from eating crap. So, I guess that's incentive enough to keep eating this way at least most of the time, right? Hope everyone's well!
Ack! I totally jinxed myself by coming here and bragging about my diet. I had a major (albeit vegan) binge yesterday afternoon between 4 and 5:00. It started with salted shelled peanuts, then progressed to dates and dark chocolate, peanut butter, corn chips, and then I topped it off with 4 vegan chocolate chip cookies I had made with the kids last weekend (and managed not to pig out on yet). I hate it when I binge! I am trying to figure out exactly why I did it,...
Hi Ladies! I've been popping the Yin Chiao like crazy and I do feel better today. And I agree Alex, I was thinking/hoping that this diet would be a pretty powerful immune booster. My food has been so yummy lately. I've been getting pretty creative and I think that has helped me stick to the diet longer this time. I hit my 3 week anniversary today! I really didn't expect to make it this far. Here's what I ate today: B'fast: apple (had to run errands, no time for...
Little guy's fever is gone but he's still coughing and has a wicked runny nose. Big bummer. Sadly, I am coming down with a sore throat and I'm beginning to really drag. Eating is going well though. If I could just crawl into bed for 2 days, I'd be fine.
Midwest Mom, meant to ask you what you are using for your wraps. Whole-wheat tortilla? Corn tortilla? Alex, where do you find your oatbran wraps?
Well, LO is one the mend here. He does have all the hallmarks of swine flu and though intellectually I think I know it's not any more deadly than regular flu and that healthy children don't just spontaneously die, the media hysteria plants a shadow of a doubt in my mind - just enough to make me panic a bit. YK? Thank goodness he's feeling a bit better today. Alex, awesome job on the exercise! I had to take yesterday off and it was a long day at home with a sick...
Hey ladies! Alex, you're right - there'll be plenty of time to diet. Look at me, 2.5 years postpartum and still dieting! See, all the time in the world... Actually, my baby weight all came off within 9 months naturally now I am just working on the last 10 that I feel I carry. This will be a quick check in. Little guy is sick with flu-like symptoms. We don't vaccinate so I always hate to call the doc and get the 'I told you so' lecture. Ack. More later...