or Connect

Posts by MamaE

Quote: Originally Posted by midwestmom I did find it hard to lose the last 8 or 10 lbs while EBF... I think that one's body does hold onto just alittle fat while nursing for reserves. ITA with that. I remember being so frustrated with weightloss (or lack thereof) while EBF. It'll get easier once Raf starts eating solids. And speaking of Raf, cute pix! My favorite is the dino costume. My kids were cowboy/cowgirl this year but my little guy...
Hey, Alex. Yep, love those flavanoids! And to answer your question, I don't plan my meals in advance except for dinner. For that, I make a weekly meal plan for the whole family before I go shopping. I agree, planning does help me avoid the impulse eating as well. I should do a better job planning b'fast and lunch. We had friends for dinner last night and I had pizza (veggie but w/ cheese). I ate a reasonable amount but then I also had some of the brownies I had...
I am working hard at this too. Yoga is awesome for putting me back in touch with my body and wanting to feel better in my skin and it really helps me treat myself better with food. Can I just say I am dreading the mountains of candy my kids will bring home tonight? Most of it won't draw me, but for some reason, I can't get the dang Twix bars out of my head. Ack!
Thanks for the support. Yesterday was rough! As predicted, I went off plan and ate a bunch of dark chocolate. I was pretty disappointed in myself, but I know I have to end the pattern of a slip-up being the end of the diet. So, today I am back on track. As further motivation, the scale is still down! Love it when that happens. Zubeldia, I think you are right - my body is craving more fat. I am going to go back to making smoothie out of coconut milk, even though...
Zubeldia, you are not alone in hitting a bump - I hit a major one today. Ack! I am tired and starving. I've already eaten way too many toasted/salted almonds and too many spoonfuls of peanut butter. The cheese and sweets are calling my name and it's all I can do to stay out of the kitchen. I don't know if I can finish day 8...
Quote: Originally Posted by zubeldia I have to admit that a LOT of it is in my boobs.. which are huge. Taking that into account I'll be happy with a 10 pound loss. Too funny. That's how my boobs were at that stage of nursing. Mine have deflated nicely as time goes on. Today I celebrate one week! Considering that I have been taking it one day at a time, not really knowing just how long I would last, that's a big deal for me. Midwest...
Thanks everyone. So it's normal then. I've been kind of thankful she wasn't as peer-oriented as other 6yos I see. Guess I'll quit worrying then!
Alex, I also tend towards monotony when on a diet and I actually think that was one of my main downfalls last time. I finally bought the cookbook Veganomicon and have been trying to choose things from there to make my diet more interesting. You said you were already a vegan, right? That must make the diet easier for you from the get go. When I do want to snack (usually in desperation in the afternoon), I have to think really, really hard about what I can even eat...
Day 5... still on track. Hungry right now though. Zubeldia, your diet looks super healthy! Plus, you exercise and you are nursing a little one. You definitely need the extra calories from a grain I would think. I noticed my supply has dropped a bit these last few days here. I am nursing my 2.5 yo, so it's not like it's his only food source (despite what he might prefer!). Going for day 6 tomorrow. How's everyone else doing?
I am also worried about passing this on to my dd. It's one of my primary motivations in kicking this habit. I am doing well so far on my new diet, but that doesn't mean much. In the past, it has meant that when a strong emotion hits (a fight with DH, an issue with DD/DS) I get angry about the diet and binge like there's no tomorrow. I have probably read half a dozen (or more) books on this issue and so far none of them have helped me. Lately, when a craving hits I do...