or Connect

Posts by MamaE

I have to agree, very inspiring and encouraging. I am currently contemplating HSg and ruining my child's education and career potential is one of my biggest fears! Thank you for sharing.
I was bottle-free with my DD b/c I never planned to leave her for long enough to miss a feeding. Boy was I sorry when I found out I had to have out-patient surgery and only had 2 weeks to get her to take a bottle (at 3 months). We had the hardest time getting her to latch and my mother (who babysat) said she barely drank all day long. She was hungry when I got home and it was heart-wrenching to watch her have to take yet another bottle so that I could pump/dump (on...
Quote: Originally Posted by tbone If you don't at least give it a try, you may always wish you did. And regret sucks. That really speaks to me. Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by BeanyMama No one's opinion is going to matter when you look back in 20 years in hindsight. You'll be glad you did! Thank you for that. So true! Also, thanks for the advice from several of you to investigate local HS groups. I have found a few. Now I just need to attend a meeting or connect with them in some way. My social anxiety is not so bad that I would have great trouble seeking out others who HS or setting...
I've been toying with the idea of HS'g since DD started 1st grade (well, since she was born really). I think I have many good reasons, but the biggest obstacle preventing my decision is my fear of being ostracized from the neighborhood and the community at large. I don't know a single homeschooler in the area and there seems to be an emphasis on conformity around here. I worry that I will become the mom people whisper about. I worry that school friends of my dds...
I have a friend in marital crisis. She needs a counselor in Memphis ASAP. Can anyone PM me with some names of tried and true counselors? Thanks for any help you can give.
Still off track after New Year's at MILs. Not too happy about it either. Not too happy in general, come to think of it. You guys are doing great though! For now, I am trying to stick to my exercise goal and hope the food follows. Lurking (for now)...
I voted no game systems at all. We do allow DD to play computer games at the library, though. But only a few times a month, if that. I'm really, really surprised to see the results coming in. It seems video games are ubiquitous.
Ooh -I second 'Charlie and Lola' - we adore them. They are just sweet, sweet, sweet!! My 20 month old (who isn't really allowed to watch TV) has been read a few of the books and caught glimpses of the video and is just in LOVE with Lola. Too cute! Other than that, I can't really think of many gentle movies right off the bat. I just wanted to add that my DD wasn't able to watch a movie until she was almost 5. She's very sensitive and most "children's" movies just...
No game systems here either and we don't plan to have any. I allow DD to play games on the library computers (Reader Rabbit, Magic School Bus, etc. & pbskids, starfall, etc.) but never at home on our computer. She's been begging to do Webkinz as her aunt/uncle got her one for Xmas, but I've told her it's a major big-girl privilege she will have to earn. (Basically, I am buying time to research it myself - surprised to see so many here who have game systems are...