or Connect

Posts by MamaE

Good job hugsmama! Vishapmama and MidwestMom, I also do coffee - I couldn't give it up. I do soymilk in my coffee b/c I like how it froths when I shake it before adding. Makes me feel like I am getting a fancy coffee drink. I also do a bit of salt as well and I eat as many nuts and beans as I need to feel full. In other words, I don't take Fuhrman as religion. I've done it this way in the past and still lost weight in fairly short order, so I think it works...
First off, you can do it! Don't tell yourself you can't. You're a woman and a mother and you can handle anything that comes your way. I had/have a very high-needs dd who is now over 5.5 and still does not sleep through the night. Granted, she does go back easily now, but she can't sleep unless my husband or I is glued to her, it seems. She night nursed until the age of 3 because there was no way in heck she'd have given it up (trust me - 'no' is not part of this...
I did well yesterday - hooray! I am aiming for another good day with eating and also exercise. Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move I've got to just take this one day at a time for now. Me too. If I set the goal any longer than that, I start to feel it's unachievable. Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move May be you could start telling yourself I know I'll be off track while I'm there, so I want to eat...
I did it yesterday - hooray! Sometimes, just being successful for a day boosts my confidence enough to get me back on track. I'm aiming for E2L today too as well as a 30 min walk. We can do it!
Thanks for the link, boigrrlwonder! I just joined. Still hoping for CP this winter!
Dd was fully trained at 21 months and I started outings the way you did - I would make sure she had gone before we left home and then keep the outing short to make sure she was successful. I dressed her in underwear and always had a baby bjorn potty in the car. The little baby bjorns are small enough that you can probably find a backpack to carry it in if you want to have it with you everywhere. I know I hated to put a tiny bum on a public potty. I think you're doing...
Anyone doing this yet? I could really use some support! I have been on and off this diet since June. After trying traditional foods and finding it too easy to slight the veggies and fruits while overdoing the animal products, I decided it wasn't working for me. I've done low-carb and have come to the conclusion that it's an awfully lot of protein and not enough fruits. When I first stumbled upon E2L and tried it, I couldn't stick to it and was still clinging to the...
Ditto. Struggling big time here. I was doing pretty well and was also about 7-8 pounds from my goal. Then the holidays hit and I started throwing anything and everything into my mouth. I am sure I am up a few pounds now (maybe as much as 5 ) and I need to get back on track. The trouble is that I can't stop eating! Can we help each other? I can at least commit to eating well tomorrow. How about you? Unfortunately, I have to go to my MIL's on Wed and the food there...
Just wondering. Please post (or PM me) if you see this message anytime this winter (08-09). Thx!
Hi, congrats on your upcoming birth. I am no expert here, I only have 2 babes, so take this for what it's worth. My first reaction to your question was one of your reactions as well - this might be the most effective form of birth control you can give your daughter. Birthing is hard work and there is no way to transmit this information to someone without having them witness it or go through it themselves. I think teenagers have a very rosy/fairy tale view of...