or Connect

Posts by newbiemama09

We made this cake to announce our first. 
sounds like he's had a lot of change lately-- new baby, dad being home, new baby suddenly moving around and taking toys-- and kids express frustration mostly in yelling and anger. consistancy and routine are KEY for young children, so first off I would try and get as much of a routine into the day as possible. plan fun activities in the day (outside or at home) and plan errands in the day. as another post said, i do ALL my errands in the morning, usually right before...
exactly!!! i just try not to think about that! but in the real world.... we are making our best friends guardians. and yes, it will hurt family. originally, years ago, we agreed that my sister and her hubby would take the kids. but within the last 2 years it's been revealed they do not have a healthy relationship and have since separated. So, we looked to our friends. We knew we couldn't choose between our parents, that would be really hurtful. Our friends have a rock...
wow. thank you for sharing  your story. i've had similar experiences- DD was a c-section due to her position and we tried for a VBAC with DS. it was a loooong labor (also had PROM), but we kept going and kept laboring and we thankfully had him vaginally. we had so many objections along the way, ESPECIALLY when my family found out we were delivering at a birth center instead of a hospital. sometimes families and friends can't understand that you're chosing to do what...
this may be a long story, but that's because it was a FRICKIN LONG LABOR!!!  things kicked off on Sunday (9/18) when my water broke around 2am. we thought, alright! things will get moving and we'll have a baby soon! but the story goes on...  we spend all day Sunday being active, walking in malls, eating good foods, walking around the neighborhood. but nothing happened. cx were like always, 10 min or more apart and putzy.  Monday we went in for an appt and...
we tried the 3-Day Potty Training Method, and it's been somewhat successful. HUGE SUCCESS is that DD has not had ANY accidents in the middle of the night or during naptime. so that's FANTASTIC. Day 1 went great. she was telling me when she was going potty, she could stop herself and finish on the toilet. lots of rewards and praise and treats and stickers. Day 2 little bit of reverting. she wouldn't stop during an accident and rarely finished on the toilet Day 3...
i'm not sure about the "coordinated" thing either. DD tried to put her own pants on, but if they have snaps or zippers she needs help. even my almost 4 y.o. nephew still needs help with his pants, so i don't want to wait for that marker. HILAR!!!   i'm thinking of making like a potty chart, too. maybe getting a clock so that every hour (or whenever) we go to the potty, then she gets a sticker for each time she's dry or uses the potty. not sure what that will look like,...
DD is 28 months and has been interested in using the potty for a while. she'll use it every so often. we've been "prepping" her now for "no more diapers" and she enjoys saying "no more diapers for Cate!" she's picked out her own underwear, too, so i think she's ready, it's just a matter of doing it. i'd love to hear more stories!
DD wasn't completely weaned until almost 2 or a little after. from about 18 months on she really only BF'ed when it was time for nap, bed, or in the middle of the night. i worried for a long time how we would wean her from nighttime feedings. she usually only woke up once, we brought her to bed, she had some milk, then back to sleep till morning. eventually and gradually we were able to just give her a paci and she'd stay asleep, without milk. however, she's been doing...
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/ we're about to start with potty training. I've heard from a couple friends this method worked, but i'd like to hear more stories. did it work for you? did it not? what were the challenges and successes of it? TIA!