or Connect

Posts by newbiemama09

DH and i are just in the early stages of a family, we have a almost 2 year old DD and we're thinking about more. we've also been approached to consider adopting a 5-7 year old boy that we've met several times at an orphanage. my heart has also known we'd adopt at some point, but how do you know when? when did you know it was time to adopt? obviously finances is the largest factor in all this, and right now we more than likely can't even afford an adoption application...
i agree that she's just too young to understand that. and i do like to cuddle with before bedtime.   wow, i guess every child DOES sleep differently!!   thanks for all the stories. it lets me know i'm not alone in the whole "no CIO'ing" thing!  
i read once somewhere the "rule" about shaving temps for when you take them later than normal. i think i read shave off a decimal for each hour or half-hour it's later than normal?? i can't find any shaving rule in either my FAM book or NFP book.   for example, i should be olvuating soon, my temps range around 97.5-97.7 pre-o, 2 days ago i took my temp at 9am instead of 6am when i usually do, and my temp was 98.2, but this morning again it went down to 97.6, so i...
i don't have much advice, but plenty of support! i am so sorry you had just a horrible hospital experience! i am in disbelief at the way the NICU staff treated you!   i also had a c-sec and i was told i was a great canidate for a VBAC, buuuuuut i'd still have to do it in a hospital with a suregon on-call 24/7. DH isn't totally comfortable with a HBAC, so we've agreed on a birthing center for the next one. it's not a hospital, but it's not home.   the most...
this is exactly what my daugher is into, too. and she's 20 mo! we're getting/making her everything doll related, because she's so obsessed with babies. DH is making her a rag doll out of socks, i'm making doll clothes, blankets, and a ring sling. we also (for her stocking) bought her play-doh, color crayons and a coloring book, and a little wooden puzzle. honestly you don't have to spend much at all for a kid. everything that we're not making i bought used (yay Once Upon...
DD is 20 months and not yet at the age where we can just tell her "time for bed" and she goes to sleep. we still have to rock her each night. sometimes it's a huge struggle, other nights its easy. she CAN put herself to sleep, though, because she does it at daycare twice/week. but for us she just can't fall asleep on her own. so how long did you help your kiddo fall asleep?
i said i would never cloth diaper, never co-sleep, i wasn't keen on baby-wearing, and i wouldn't BF past a year. well, look at my life now! i'm glad my kid shapped me up!
we don't get much for our kid. a couple of stocking stuffers and 2 or 3 "big" gifts. it's all mostly used toys. this year in the stocking we're doing play-doh, crayons and coloring books, and maybe a book or toy. the big presents are a wooden dish set, a wooden toy train (used) and we're making her dolls, doll clothes and doll accessories.
i just read an article about "free activities for toddlers" and it suggested things like going to the local library for story time, checking online for local toy stores if they have any acivities coming up. look up a community center and see about getting a membership. if your kid is anything like mine, finding a swimming class would be ideal!!   when we were stuck in the house for winter time i made sure we read lots of books, listened to music. sometimes we went to...
Anyone in a MOPS group? Do you like it? Is it "worth your money??" (i just found out it costs money, but that's understandable) there's a couple in my area, liek 15 miles away, and i'm debating if it's a good thing or not. Thoughts?