or Connect

Posts by newbiemama09

i would want to take her with me because if you have so much free time i'd be great to travel and go on adventures with your LO! and expecially if your boss is so great about you travelling with her, i don't think you'll ever find an opportunity like this again!! i personally would ask a family member to come with to be with DD when you're away. i wouldn't feel comfortable with a stranger watching her not just for her trauma factor, but i don't want a stranger watching my...
i'm kind of particular about it. i do NOT like Halloween being a holiday all about scary people/witches/devils/vampires. (maybe because i'm from a small farming community and we used to go to different empty farms and scare the crap out of eachother, i don't know) i do LOVE dressing up, having DD dress up and pass out candy to trick-o-treaters. i keep our decorations to "fall fun" with pumpkins and leaves and maybe the occasional FRIENDLY ghost. i don't like it being a...
i FINALLY spent my first night away from DD just recently, and she's 18 months! it's very hard being away the first night, but you will SOOOOO appreciate having that time with DH, just you two alone. your kiddo will have a GREAT time with the grandparents. grandparents are great at keeping the kids buys all day so they sleep like a log at night!! everything will be wonderful, and you will love the alone time! and if you need to call, just do it. you're the mother, it's...
thanks for all the advice! i'm not really expecting her to "be OK with it" ever, i guess. they've been TTC for over a year and are in the "wait to see what God does" time now, so they're NTNP and just waiting. she keeps saying that she's in a place where she's OK with the idea of never having any more kids, but i know she still wants them. she's a intravert and needs time to process things, so i'm still debating telling her we might be TTC soon, or just to wait till we are...
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhitree Mine does that too. i get that some of it is teething, but i mean come on kids!!
my sister (who is my BFF) has been struggling with infertility for over a year and it's been a real struggle for them. they started trying since i gave birth to DD. DD is now 18 months and DH and i are considering when to TTC another one. i want to make sure she knows about it and is OK with us possibly having a child before she does. is that too mean? should i not bring it up? is it better to have a conversation with her about it to prepare her that we may get pregnant soon?
i feel like i could have written this! i don't have any suggestions, just curious to hear more responses!
oh my goodness i just posted about this! my 18 month old has similar awake times and it drives me up the wall. some nights i can't handle it. i agree with PP, stick to a schedule. wake him up at the same time each day (i think DD learns her lesson when we have to wake her at 7 for daycare the days i work) and have a very precise bedtime routine- bath, book, bed (or whatever works for you) i feel you, mama!!
my 18 month old still wakes up at night, at least one to two times. really, it's fine, it doesn't bother me, so long as she stays asleep. most nights she goes to bed between 8 and 9, sleeps till 1 and stirs/cries a bit, we'll get her from the crib and she'll spend the rest of the night in our bed. however, about 1/3 of the time she wakes up at 1 or 2 and DOESN'T GO BACK TO SLEEP!!!!! sometimes she's WIDE AWAKE and thinks it's play time and screams and cries and fights to...
teething made bedtime impossible. i got to the point where i couldn't handle the screaming and kicking and fighting and would make DH put DD to bed. her screams were just too much for me to handle. it helped wonders to get Hyland's teething GEL (not the tablets so much), an Amber teething neclase, and California Baby bath bubbles (specifically the ones for fussy and overtired babies). it was like having a different child! try those to see if teething is the problem.